ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: 2019 Monterey Rendezvous

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:19 pm

Vancetp wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:12 pm
You can say that, like that, but you're a Healthways guy, too. Nomesayin'?
Ha! Yea, you caught me. Just messing around. Sorry I missed you in Monterey, my window of time to dive was very limited Sat morning. M
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:36 pm

Neat gear photos... but I want to see one of "tank fill girl" diving like Mike Nelson.
The older I get the better I was.

Vancetp
Master Diver
First Name: Phillip

Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:00 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:12 pm
Thanks Eben,

We had the usual comments from the local divers. Everything from the tank fill girl at the nearby shop gushing over how "truly rad and neato" the vintage gear was and how she would love to learn how to dive like Mike Nelson, to the grizzled PADI instructor who was an authority on how all DH regs, no matter what you did to them, always breathed like crap and that our deaths from using such dangerous gear would mar the scuba community for years. :)

P.S. I told the tank-fill girl that Mike usually dove bare-chested. She said that was fine.
Good thing you're a lawyer! Tank fill girl is probably considering suing you for harassment. :roll:

I wonder why those "authorities" always say that stuff when the proof they are wrong is on your back?

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”