goggler2
First Name: Ron

looking for advice on Voit Polaris servicing

Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:08 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I just cleaned and serviced a Polaris with VDH service kit. Problem is...when reassembled, there is very little lever height no matter where I position the adjustment plate. Anyone run into this? Did I do something stupid?

Unfortunately I did not notice how it looked before I disassembled it.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: looking for advice on Voit Polaris servicing

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:59 am

goggler2 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:08 pm
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I just cleaned and serviced a Polaris with VDH service kit. Problem is...when reassembled, there is very little lever height no matter where I position the adjustment plate. Anyone run into this? Did I do something stupid?

Unfortunately I did not notice how it looked before I disassembled it.
Hello and welcome!

Can you post a good photo or two of what your internals currently look like? That might give us a clue on what to suggest. A Polaris was the first reg I ever rebuilt. Mine works great! Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

goggler2
First Name: Ron

Re: looking for advice on Voit Polaris servicing

Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:42 pm

Thanks for the reply. I installed a new seat and spring and it seems to have fixed it!

Return to “New Vintage Equipment Diver's Forum”