Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

How NOT to dive a double hose!!!

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:04 pm

1st. This post is not meant to knock or criticize the diver in the picture. I applaud the original slick skin suit and nice looking DA they are using 8)

No matter what you do to a double hose....Super duper soup to nuts rebuild with all the best parts, Cyclone, Phoenix HPR etc etc, if you place it above your shoulders like a satellite dish behind your head it is going to breather very poorly!
fail double hose.jpg
CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT Correct Regulator Placement
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: How NOT to dive a double hose!!!

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:03 am

Proper can placement should be at the top of the list of fundamental DH concepts every DH diver needs to know. Improper can placement is not unique to only new DH divers either. I've seen plenty of old salts who I know know better dive with cans somewhere north of the mask strap. I think it's just a matter of being aware of gear placement and position before every dive. My 2 psi. Mark.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Bryan wrote:1st. This post is not meant to knock or criticize the diver in the picture. I applaud the original slick skin suit and nice looking DA they are using 8)

No matter what you do to a double hose....Super duper soup to nuts rebuild with all the best parts, Cyclone, Phoenix HPR etc etc, if you place it above your shoulders like a satellite dish behind your head it is going to breather very poorly!
fail double hose.jpg
CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT Correct Regulator Placement
I wouldn't' t dive a single hose like that let alone a DH. I guess the guy likes getting thumped in the back of the head and having reduced visual maneuverability, not to mention crappy breathing, To each his own though.......lol. :P
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Courtesy of Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:08 pm

Let this be another learning experience. Keep your regulator down between your shoulder blades. This is wholly unacceptable! :D
2941632d5e58148ed1bc454cf3c308a6.jpg
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:40 pm

Using a cotton harness (OEM or Klauda repro) or a VDH plate makes the proper positioning almost fool proof.

Return to “New Vintage Equipment Diver's Forum”