rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

could someone make...

Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:41 am

I came across a valve [Lola?](both 200 and 300 bar seem to be made) for (I assume) the CCR guys that is two outlets, one facing the conventional direction, and one facing inward (both left and right sides) that are independently valved. There are flexible connectors being made the connect the tanks. I'm wondering the possibility of a rigid bar being made with a center post on it (no valve, just a block)..... 200 bar with a screw out plug... That way, modern bands could be a possibility. See here: http://www.utrtekstore.it/14_rebreather ... ri_sw.html
There is a solid bar made, but no outlet.

The valves are not cheap, but still way under the $$ of the XS solid bar unit.

Input/thoughts on a connector bar with a center mount?
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: could someone make...

Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Rarely is it COULD you make it....More like can you afford to make it. Are there enough people in the market who will buy the product at X price that will allow you to recoup X amount of dollars in acceptable time frame with X amount of profit for the effort.
There are hundreds of parts for regulators that I could easily make but when I sell only a few of them I have thousands tied up in inventory setting on a shelf that I could have used to make something that sold more quickly and in a larger quantity.
I have a laundry list of stuff I WANT to make but expensive lessons in this area prevent me from doing most of them :lol:
I hope to break even on the Argonaut this year..1st quarter is not shaping up so well...BUT I won't let that slow down new ideas for it and future enhancements of it continue to be developed.

Sorry I didn't answer your question but perhaps lent some insight to it.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

captain
Plank Owner

Re: could someone make...

Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:36 pm

Seems easier and cheaper to modify/make bands to fit tanks than make the solid bar to fit modern bands.
Captain

Return to “Tanks and Valves”