ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Looking for repair manual for ScubaPro Twin 45 manifold

Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:50 pm

I picked up a set of steel ScubaPro twin 45s that look to be in pretty much original condition. Does anyone have the overhaul instructions/diagram for this manifold (Constant Reserve Twin, 1976 Cataloge No. 156?). I looked in the Manuals and Catalogs library and didn't see one. Thanks, Mark (P.S. Happy be able to upload directly again - yay!)
3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Looking for repair manual for ScubaPro Twin 45 manifold

Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:13 pm

I thought I uploaded a pdf of the DCAR service procedures......I know I still have a demo cutaway valve somewhere....I will look again tomorrow.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:09 am

That valve set sure looks like a Sherwood product like those made for Dacor. Even if it's a copy by someone else, parts won't be hard to find. Tear into it and see if the parts look like the ones in a Dacor repair manual or schematic. The shaft seals probably have an oring along with the Teflon washer. You know how to reach me if you need some help.
The older I get the better I was.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:03 pm

I am resurrecting this old post of mine as I still haven't found a schematic/service manual for this manifold/valve. I looked at the Dacor manuals in the manuals section and didn't see anything. The knob says "ScubaPro" on it. I looked to see if it was a Healthways or Sherwood knockoff but could find anything there either. I have it apart and just want to verify nothing is missing. Any assistance would be appreciated.

And one other question. When I unscrewed the valve from the tanks, there was copious amounts of grease in the threads. Didn't look like silicone as it had a petroleum smell. The inside of the tanks are as clean as could be. Was there some practice of greasing up the neck threads back in the 70's?

Thanks. Mark.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Goodlifedivers
Master Diver
First Name: Danny

Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Can a US Divers manifold work on these guys?

Goodlifedivers
Master Diver

Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:45 pm

I'm not the original poster, I was just wondering since I'm looking at getting a set of these and didn't want to deal with rebuilding the manifold when I have a U.S. Divers one ready to go

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:20 pm

Goodlifedivers wrote:Can a US Divers manifold work on these guys?
Yes.3/4"

Goodlifedivers
Master Diver

Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:21 pm

How about the spacing with the original tank bands?

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:51 pm

Goodlifedivers wrote:How about the spacing with the original tank bands?
I recall the solid bar manifold is either 8.25 or 8.5 center post to center post. I'm pretty sure the ScubaPro/Dacor type manifold on my set is the same. But now that you have got my curiosity going I'll have to measure it. I get the tanks back from hydro tomorrow so I'll try and take a look see this weekend. I don't recall the spacing being wildly different on any of the standard manifolds (but, and you heard it here first, I've been wrong before). Mark

Return to “Tanks and Valves”