stephenws
Skin Diver
First Name: Stephen

Steel 72 Rubber Boots

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:52 pm

I finally found a couple decent U.S.Divers steel 72 tanks with original U.S.Divers rubber boots. Only problem is that the rubber boots have stretched a bit and won't stay on the tanks. Is there a good way to get the boots to stay on the tanks? I've considered using a few spots of silicone adhesive, but that would make it a little difficult to remove the boots occasionally to check for corrosion. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Steel 72 Rubber Boots

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:21 pm

Every new rubber cylindrical boot I have looked at for 72's have been made of vinyl and are not worth a dime.... The UK boot I stock has been made since the 70's and is tough as nails.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Re: Steel 72 Rubber Boots

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:58 pm

I use the boots Bryan stocks and they are very nice. They stay put. The old USD boots do stretch out. A few wraps of electrical tape around the tank will hold them in place for a while or for show. If you really want to dive the tanks and not worry about donating to Davy Jones locker, go with Bryan's.

Return to “Tanks and Valves”