Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Getting dog gone 1/2" valves out.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:24 pm

slonda828 wrote: I really wish that we had some "Homey's Dive Crib" stickers with a PSI inspector spot so I could put mine on there and VIP my tanks with them.
If heavy vinyl sticker were not so F'n expensive I would have made them with my PSI number years ago.....LDS and resorts would just come unglued.... :lol: :lol:
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

waterdog
First Name: les

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:50 am

Rigid tools makes serveral sizes of strap wrenches which I have used to pull apart single 72's as well as doubles. You can find them at your local Grainger outlet.

Skin Diver
Diver

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Rigid #5 Strap Wrench is a perfect tool for the job...under $70.00. :)

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:38 am

I saw Gary's new strap wrench first hand yesterday and it is the ticket. Barb and I had a great time hanging with Gary and his wife Kathy at the Warbird Museum. There is nothing like seeing vinatge WWII aircraft that are still flying.....Unless is is vintage scuba gear that is still being dived of course.

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:20 pm

1969ivan1 wrote:... There is nothing like seeing vinatge WWII aircraft that are still flying.....Unless is is vintage scuba gear that is still being dived of course.
I sure like my vintage dive gear but WWII Aircraft that still can fly win hands down. JMHO. 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

jbrians
Lung Diver

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:35 pm

JES wrote:
1969ivan1 wrote:... There is nothing like seeing vinatge WWII aircraft that are still flying.....Unless is is vintage scuba gear that is still being dived of course.
I sure like my vintage dive gear but WWII Aircraft that still can fly win hands down. JMHO. 8)

IMHO, I'd far sooner have a MKIX Spitfire than any number of JYC's first handmade regs of the same vintage.

Call me traitor....

Skin Diver
Diver

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:05 pm

It was a wonderful day Saturday visiting the Warbird Museum with great friends like Barb and Rob and seeing the beautifully restored and fully operational World War II aircraft on display. We could actually see where they’re in the process of restoring both a British P40 and German Focke-wulf 190. The equipment displays and exhibits of wartime clothing and mementos on-site, were serious reminders of the human involvement reflecting the selfless sacrifices of brave men and women during those perilous times.

Gilldiver
Master Diver

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:28 pm

I’m in Stratford CT only a few miles from Sikorsky Memorial Airport where in WWII the Vought – Sikorsky Company designed and built the Corsair fighter for the Navy and Marines. In 1942 the Navy broke up Vought and Sikorsky so that Vought could concentrate on the fighter and Sikorsky could work on the first helicopters.

Anyway, every summer we have an air show at the field and the flight patterns take them right over the house at 500-750 feet. On Memorial Day, I’m in the pool with my 7 year old fooling around with a Mistral and a Conshelf when a B-25 and 4 Corsair’s came over in formation, it was almost as loud as last year when we have a B-17, B-24, a Texan, and a P-51 do the same.

Ok, I’m spoiled.
Double Hose Regulators, It not just a Hobby, it’s a Disease

Return to “Tanks and Valves”