Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
Turtleguy9
Skin Diver

The Luck of the Auction

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:00 pm

Well, I am not really active these days, being in Idaho instead of Hawaii. I still look for missing regulators I needed for my collection. I bought an unseen bag of dive stuff, and got some stuff. Looks to be a Navy USD regulator, with the No hookah nub. No name plate, but ok. Also a Camilus NAVY MK 2 knife.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: The Luck of the Auction

Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:44 pm

Wow, what a terrific score! It looks like you got an original Non-Magnetic regulator and KABAR knife with metal sheath. Both are very rare and valuable. Congratulations... That's a terrific acquisition!
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Turtleguy9
Skin Diver

Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:06 pm

Thanks Surflung. I just posted some better photos in general discussion. My question was do I? Just replace parts for display? Rebuild for use? Or Have it professionally restored. It was a grail regulator for me.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:30 pm

Turtleguy9 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:06 pm
Thanks Surflung. I just posted some better photos in general discussion. My question was do I? Just replace parts for display? Rebuild for use? Or Have it professionally restored. It was a grail regulator for me.
Leave the patina......You know perfectly well how to service it. If you are missing a non mag part internally (many of them are) let me know via email and I'll see if I have one.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”