ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

The Argonaut in other contexts

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:37 pm

I must have the Argonaut on the brain. I was in the Northern California Gold Country yesterday on a field trip with my son's 4th Grade class when I came upon this store sign. Other than the name of Jon Hardy's old boat "Argo" and that Jason guy, I don't recall seeing the name many other places. Any one have any other similar pics?
DSC_5060.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: The Argonaut in other contexts

Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:16 pm

When I came up with Argonaut and Kraken dozens of ideas were on the list but Argonaut kept coming up......Kraken was added quite a while later only after the amazingly talented 3D artist took my idea of what I wanted the Kraken on the logo to look like and made it a reality. If not for his work I would have probably called it something simple like Argonaut BR549 or Argonaut 2013 :lol:

One of my favorite movies when I was younger was Clash of the Titans which had the Argonauts and The Kraken.

And my 2nd favorite toy as a kid (First was Frogman GiJoe) was GiJoe with the shark......Looking at it now on the net I guess it was called Aquanaut but my mind remembers it as being called Argonaut.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:32 am

I guess I was mean, but I shot all of the heads off of my brothers GI Joes with my 22.

I still like to watch the movie, Jason and the Argonauts. At first, when the Argonaut name came up, I thought, well, meh, sounds cool I suppose. But, now, it just sticks, especially after adding the Kraken moniker to it :shock: .

Hmm, I need to dig out that DVD and watch, Jason and the Argonauts again. Or, I will just wait until that day that I have an Argonaut and I can watch the movie fully kitted out. :D Remember the skeleton fight?

I bet Bryan has an ARGONAUT PARKING ONLY sign in his garage!

In all the kingdoms under the sea, there is only one creature that can set you free.

James

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:09 pm

The Argonaut even has an official song called "The Argonaut"!

Here is the link to the song:

http://ibiblio.org/jimmy/folkden/php/music/Argoanut.mp3

Here is the link to the printed lyrics:

http://www.ibiblio.org/jimmy/folkden-wp/?p=6978

Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Thu May 29, 2014 9:04 pm

Interesting video add in their web site:

http://www.krakenrum.com/

Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Fri May 30, 2014 9:25 am

Let's also not forget the connection that the name Argonaut has with one who was a great inspiration to many of us. Argonaut was also the name of Mike Nelsons boat on Sea Hunt. 8) Terry
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”