EberWolf
Lung Diver
First Name: James

DIN conversion

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:20 am

When I was researching the Kraken prior to buying I saw a post with photos, (maybe a dropbox file) that covered the Din conversion. I do not currently have access to the dropbox files. If I wanted to convert my Kraken to Din from Yoke what parts would I need? Vendors?

Thanks

Jim

couv
Master Diver

Re: DIN conversion

Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:39 pm

EberWolf wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:20 am
When I was researching the Kraken prior to buying I saw a post with photos, (maybe a dropbox file) that covered the Din conversion. I do not currently have access to the dropbox files. If I wanted to convert my Kraken to Din from Yoke what parts would I need? Vendors?

Thanks

Jim
I don't know much about the conversion, but I do know you'll need to list the age of your Kraken. What # is it?

Edit: While you're waiting on the gurus to answer, have a look at this thread on SB. You may find your answer:
https://www.scubaboard.com/community/th ... on.593176/
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

EberWolf
Lung Diver
First Name: James

Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:07 am

I'm not near my Kraken to get the number but it was in the Dec 2019 Batch. I think I saw a video Bryan made describing how to install the DIN. I'll look into that.

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:55 am

An Argonaut Kraken from late 2019 would have the new Metric threads. You should be able to get a DIN adapter from Bryan.

Thanks Couv for linking to that thread. I should pin that thread.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

couv
Master Diver

Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:35 pm

D'oh! Bryan made a video of how to install a DIN fitting on a Kraken. See it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK61rHOxXZw
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”