simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Re: Advice needed after first Kraken dive

Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:01 pm

Most crouch straps are not adjustable underwater. Sort of trial and error. As for sternum strap, attach to shoulder straps as it helps hold the shoulders straps in position.
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

EberWolf
Lung Diver
First Name: James

Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:28 pm

I was able to make dives 5 and 6 on Saturday. I decided to try my hand at an adjustable crotch strap. Straps in this case. I was able to get some quick release buckles and other fittings and made 2 adjustable straps that run from the bottom of my back plate up front under the waist belt and connect to the D rings on my shoulder straps.
If anyone has done any rappelling and has ties their own safety seat it fits similar. It's very snug around the backside as the straps tend to migrate to the middle but the backplate stayed put with no movement with and without air in my wing. At 20 meters down my waist belt had free play but the plate stayed put.

Over all it was a good couple dives. Got to see a ray about 4' in dia. A nudi, and a happy sea snake.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Mon May 04, 2020 10:50 pm

EberWolf wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:19 pm
Here's a few shots from my last 2 dives to give you an idea of how things are fitting on me.
Based on the photo, I am going to say your shoulder straps are much to tight. Mine very nearly hang off of me. But, I am not gifted with a belly so I use my waist strap to cinch up and stabilize the rig. But still, it looks to me the shoulder straps are cutting in and pulling your shoulders back.

Glad somebody is getting wet.

James

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”