EberWolf
Lung Diver
First Name: James

Traveling Soon

Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:14 pm

One of the dive shops here in Bahrain is sponsoring a trip to Fuvahmulah Maldives (May 12 to 19). It's going to be a 5 hr flight to Male and an 1.5 hr flight to Fuvahmulah. I've been using my Kraken since FEB 2020 but I've only done local (Bahrain) dives, never traveled with my Kraken.

Any tips or advice for travel?
What should be packed vs carried?
Any special tools I should bring with me?

If anyone is going to in the area and wants to join the information can be found here: (English version is there too)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbIn5dDjKgu/

Herman
VDH Moderator

Re: Traveling Soon

Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:18 am

i remove the hoses (as an assembly) and the yoke so it will pack easier. I always have mine in carry-on. As for special tool, if yours has the allan head screws in the cans, a wrench to fit them might be useful but otherwise I can't think of any other special tools.
Herman

EberWolf
Lung Diver
First Name: James

Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:12 pm

I had a few dives this weekend. I tried removing the hoses from the can and they're stuck fast. Normally a little twist and they pop loose. Not this time. Any advise on getting them loose? Never needed any lube to get them on before. Should I be using any?

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:41 am

I have seen a few stuck. I use a blunt probe, an L shaped one works best, the gently work under my way under the hose until it comes loose. You shouldn't need any lube.
Herman

scrane
Skin Diver
First Name: William

Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:04 pm

Bring extra screws for the cans.

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:38 am

Popsicle stick or wood chopstick works pretty well to avoid scratching the metal. You can sharpen and shape the end to get it started under the hose.
The older I get the better I was.

Return to “General Discussions”