eskimo3883
Master Diver

YouTube auto-translates 1947 Hans Hass movie

Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:26 pm

Did not realize this until today but youtube auto-translates the following Hans Hass full movie into english subtitles. Go to settings (gear-like button) and chose subtitles auto-generation and you can chose to translate german into many languages including english. Works well.

DIVE PRO TV channel
Mensch unter den Haien (People Among Sharks), 1947, Hans Hass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AnTpqv-V1g

Hans Hass Archiv
The Hans Hass Archiv on YouTube channel only has 68 subscribers but has 3 full movies. One from 1952 in English.
Hans Hass: Under the Red Sea (Orginal English Version 1952)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szs6AOqPeEk
“A skin diver is a fellow who pulls on a pair of fancy swimming trunks, some rubber fins, a diving mask and canvas gloves, then fills his lungs with air and noses down into the ocean looking for two fisted trouble.”

BigSwell
Master Diver
First Name: Kevin

Re: YouTube auto-translates 1947 Hans Hass movie

Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:47 am

Now this is a seriously awesome post! Hans and Lotte have always fascinated me and I've been looking for their movies for some time. Now if I could just remember the program I've used in the past to convert U-Tube videos to MP4 files to burn to a DVD... thanks for posting this link and the beta on the translator.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: YouTube auto-translates 1947 Hans Hass movie

Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:30 pm

Very cool! Hans came to the 1997 Underwater Film Festival in Santa Barbara and showed several of his original 16mm movies and personally narrated them. Including Under the Red Sea. We were staying at the same hotel and I sat on a couch in the lobby talking to him for a long time. He and Lotte signed my festival program for me. Ah, the good old days. :)
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “General Discussions”