Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Skunked on diving

Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:22 pm

Been a dismal summer for diving this year. Normally I dive year round. Had visions of swimming in rock scallops and smoking fish, but only dove a couple times. Spent the first month of summer helping inlaws. Two wekends tied up with weddings. Bought a dual sport motorcycle and spent several weekends setting it up for camping, which only happened once. Worked a ton of overtime this year with all the people traveling on covid relief money. Tried to take friends water skiing and ended up with pieces of the engine spitting out the side of the block. And now I'm dumping my hobby money into taking flying lessons. So, did I miss anything with you guys this summer?

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: Skunked on diving

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:05 pm

Yeah... Go check out our vintage dive trips on this forum.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Chris
Master Diver

Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:28 pm

Did our yearly get together at Clear Lake Resort In Oregon. Used 4 tanks. More than I used all summer. Its a volvanic lake at 3000ft elevation with great vis on the inlet side. Good to get the Kraken off the wall hanger. The pictures are actually verry clear before I downsized them for posting. And of course no one can pass by a fisherman's hat without trying it on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:57 am

Brrr... that's got to be really cold water. But good to see you got some diving action.
The older I get the better I was.

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:48 am

Wow that looks like a place I want to go diving in. When is the best time to go for visibility?
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Chris
Master Diver

Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:24 pm

Sorry for the late response guys. Took up flying lessons and diving has been in the background. The water is usually around 39 degrees and stays clear all the time. Its a volvanic lake around 3500 ft elevation I think. The deeper part of the lake gets murkier some years.

https://youtu.be/sf_MUHKswVs

Chris
Master Diver

Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:27 pm

SurfLung wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:48 am
Wow that looks like a place I want to go diving in. When is the best time to go for visibility?
Its called Clear Lake. Its on hwy 126 in Oregon. Not to be confused with the other two Clear Lakes in Oregon. Look up Clear Lake Resort.

BigSwell
Master Diver
First Name: Kevin

Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:35 pm

That's definitely NOT banana hammock diving but looks totally AWESOME. Have drysuit... will travel! Lake Tahoe is really neat to dive as well, I've enjoyed a few dive site there. Congrats on taking the step in flight training, stick with it (pun intended) it was one of the best things I did after college.

Return to “General Discussions”