ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Atomic questions

Sun May 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Having zero fear of any regulator at this point 8),  I decided to overhaul an Atomic Aquatics reg (post 2003 brass 1st stage). I don't want to buy all the specialty tools for my one-off project so I'm winging it. The first (I assume of many) issue encountered is that the indentations on the swivel cap are too shallow for my pin spanner.  Suggestions on how to remove? Thanks,  Mark.
AA1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Re: Atomic questions

Sun May 20, 2018 7:58 pm

pins are cheap, grind it to make it work, buy more pins for other regs....
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sun May 20, 2018 8:39 pm

You can also use a cheap pipe strap wrench. Your local hardware store will have them but Harbour freight will have them the cheapest and for this purpose it should work fine.

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-pc-rubb ... 69373.html
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

lexvil
Diver
First Name: lex

Mon May 21, 2018 8:53 am

I use a scubapro combo tool

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Mon May 21, 2018 9:25 am

All good ideas! Thanks. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”