Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Just another dive

Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:04 pm

Wet suit, check. Vdh plate, check. Single stage no safety anything regulator, check. Camera arm that snags easily on ropes and cables, check. Home made lead weights on hand me down belt, check. No spg, check. No dive buddy, check. Scuba police, ah crap. Never around when they have a somewhat valid reason to complain. At least I found a camera with a working sd card dropped in 2005. Must have swam past it a dozen times in the last five years. Guy was exited to get it back. Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Just another dive

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:49 am

I'm intrigued. Camera arm attached to VDH plate for selfie video of dive?
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Chris
Master Diver

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:29 am

No, holds the camera over my shoulder so I can use both hands. Shot a lot of my videos with it. Used to be in my profile picture. Also mounted a smaller light on it at one point. Actually, it still is in my profile pic if you can see the whole thing.

Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:06 am

Cool!
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Chris
Master Diver

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:14 am

I did a dive with a side mount "tech" diver that was cautioning me about it snagging on stuff. I wasn't using it, so it was in the stored position like in this picture. I had forgotten that divers dont practice the dof and don just for fun, so it took me a couple minutes to figure out what the problem was. I kept thinking, "can't I just take off my tank and unhook it"? Which I have had to do in a boat that sank at our pier.

Return to “General Discussions”