Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Aqualung Doxa limited edition watch

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:40 am

http://www.doxawatches.com/SUB300-Black-Lung.html

Only 300 of these will be made. If I didn't already have a Doxa, which was a gift from a good friend, I'd be all over this one.
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Aqualung Doxa limited edition watch

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:36 pm

Very nice watch but outta my pay grade I'm afraid.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:50 pm

Bryan wrote:Very nice watch but outta my pay grade I'm afraid.
Ditto. Someone should start a GoFundMe page so that all VDH forum members get 100% subsidized for one of these watches. I'm sure there must be wealthy widows out there with too many cats who would feel sorry for the lot of us not having such a fine timepiece. :D
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:59 pm

Ron wrote:http://www.doxawatches.com/SUB300-Black-Lung.html

Only 300 of these will be made. If I didn't already have a Doxa, which was a gift from a good friend, I'd be all over this one.
I wish that I hadn't seen this! I've been wanting a Doxa since 1970, when they only cost about $175 to a dealer, and I thought that was a lot of $$, so I kept putting it off... until one year USD just quit selling them. :cry:
The older I get the better I was.

Ron
Site Admin

Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:30 am

You only live once Bill! I say get the watch. Even at 175 bucks dealer price in 1970 that's about 1200 bucks in today's dollars.

Ron
Site Admin

Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:34 am

ScubaLawyer wrote:
Ditto. Someone should start a GoFundMe page so that all VDH forum members get 100% subsidized for one of these watches. I'm sure there must be wealthy widows out there with too many cats who would feel sorry for the lot of us not having such a fine timepiece. :D
Aren't you a lawyer with a Mercedes?

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:46 am

Ron wrote:
ScubaLawyer wrote:
Aren't you a lawyer with a Mercedes?
He also has a cool black friend with a helicopter..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Ron
Site Admin

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:32 am

Well tell TC to throw in some cash on it. Hell, a steak is 300 bucks in Los Angeles.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:03 am

When I got my Heuer in 83, I made payments to the dive shop for 6 months....I think it was $450.00 which in an instructors pay grade at the time was a small fortune. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:31 am

[/quote]Aren't you a lawyer with a Mercedes?[/quote]

He also has a cool black friend with a helicopter..... :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Ron,

If you are referring to my 33 year old Mercedes that I spent over $10K and countless man-hours rebuilding over the last nine years just so it could be my only car and which currently has a market value of about $7,500 then, yes, I am a freaking financial genius. P.S. Don't give my wife any ideas about upgrading her 2002 Dodge either. :shock: :D

Bryan,

TC hasn't spoken with me since he learned my employer was actually the butler. :D
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:58 pm

- One day at Fortune Pond, my computer battery died and I had to plan my dives with my $29.95 Timex Indigo watch and Rich's tables. Isn't it amazing how far watches have come that such a cheapy watch worked perfectly, leak free, to the deepest sport diver depths? But that's a watch that will never impress anyone... And really, isn't the impression why we like to wear diving watches? :)
- So, a couple years ago, I bought an Invicta watch that looks almost identical to a Rolex Submariner but says the Invicta name prominently. It works exactly like the Rolex. And it is guaranteed water resistant to 200 meters. I've worn it on almost every dive since then and down as deep as 130 feet. It always comes back dry. List price was $499 but Invictas always sell for $125... Which is what I paid for it. I bought a ladies version of it in St. Maarten last Spring for my wife. Also $125... Very nice watch.
Invicta.jpg
(This photo came from an online add selling the watch for $84)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

antique diver
Master Diver

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:54 pm

Ron wrote:You only live once Bill! I say get the watch. Even at 175 bucks dealer price in 1970 that's about 1200 bucks in today's dollars.
Thanks for putting it in perspective, Ron. I really wouldn't hesitate a second if I could get one for 1200!

However, I really am getting to the point I could use some hearing aids due to a lifetime of shooting and diving, so should put the $$ toward that purchase. On the other hand, if I spent the money on that cool Doxa at least I couldn't hear Francie complaining about it! 8)

(Actually, she wouldn't complain anyway - she's that kinda girl! :D )

Ron
Site Admin

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:39 pm

I hear you Bill. My wife not only tolerates my personality, but she tolerates all the Swiss watches and the old scuba crap laying around.

I think we both married up :)

antique diver
Master Diver

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:13 pm

Ron wrote:I hear you Bill. My wife not only tolerates my personality, but she tolerates all the Swiss watches and the old scuba crap laying around.

I think we both married up :)

I'll drink to that!

USdiver
Master Diver

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:37 pm

This from the DOXA website:

!!SOLD OUT !!

We Apologie that this limited edition of 300 pieces was immediately sold out within 24 hours by private invitation before the initial announcement was made on October 1st. 2017. We are sorry for the inconvenience but hope you will return back to the DOXA site to check for new releases in the future. Meanwhile, the alternative for this model is the identical SUB300 anniversary edition which shares exactly the same technical specifications and physical dimensions and is still available in a very limited quantity.

The links below are for the:

SUB300 Professional anniversary 50th Edition: https://shop.doxawatches.com/shop/doxas ... fessional/

SUB300 Searambler anniversary 50th Edition: https://shop.doxawatches.com/shop/doxas ... earambler/

SUB300 Sharkhunter anniversary 50th Edition: https://shop.doxawatches.com/shop/doxas ... arkhunter/

Seems like their offer was never intended for the public.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

Return to “General Discussions”