Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
Greg Barlow
VDH Moderator
First Name: Greg

New Production Long Yokes for USD and Voit DH Regs

Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:46 am

For many years, my favorite double hose regulators have been the single stage Voit models, with the chromed 50 Fathom being my hands-down choice. As I've gotten older, and hopefully, somewhat wiser, I now rely on my trusty Argonaut for many dives. The comfort of having an alternate air source, along with a SPG, is very reassuring with the superb breathing Argonaut.

Still, the single stage, and two stage Voits, get the nod for many of my dives. For dives shallower than 50' or so, I typically don't concern myself about the lack of a SPG. In fact, none of my Voits have a long yoke; which is necessary for the use of a banjo fitting. It isn't that I have an objection to the long yokes, it's just that they are difficult to find in nice condition. I no longer have that excuse, as Rob is now offering new production long yokes. The beauty of these are that they can be used on both the single stage and two stage Voit and US Divers models. With the two stage models, such as the Voit Navy, or USD DAAM, you merely remove the yoke nut, and replace the yoke. With the single stage, you need to use the custom yoke nut. In effect, you use a two stage design yoke on the single stage models.

A few of my regs are now wearing the new long yokes. The single USD DH reg in my collection, a Mistral, will soon be adorning one as well.

ImageImage[Image[/url]Image
Greg Barlow
PADI Assistant Instructor
TDI Adv. EAN
TDI Decompression Procedures
IANTD Full Cave
NSS/CDS Full Cave

8dust
Master Diver

Re: New Production Long Yokes for USD and Voit DH Regs

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:38 pm

Those are new-production? :shock: WOW, they look REALLY nice!!! Good job Rob!

And to think of the coin I have spent on NOS long-yokes.... :roll:

Hope you sell a ton of them :mrgreen:

Thanks for the write-up, Greg :D
Freddo
NAVED member #201

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:43 pm

One minor correction Greg, on the 2 stage models you remove the nozzle, not the yoke nut.
Plan on replacing the nozzle gasket and checking the IP when replacing the yoke on 2 stage models.
Herman

Greg Barlow
VDH Moderator
First Name: Greg

Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Herman, you are absolutely correct. I must have had a touch of absent mindedness on that post. I generally will remove the first stage diaphragm as well. That way, I know for certain that the poppet pin is in its proper place. Thanks for the correction.

Greg
Greg Barlow
PADI Assistant Instructor
TDI Adv. EAN
TDI Decompression Procedures
IANTD Full Cave
NSS/CDS Full Cave

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”