SheriffDiver
Master Diver
First Name: John

US Divers Navy MK II tank decals done now.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:37 pm

Just picked up some test decals from the print shop guy doing some US Divers Navy MKII tank decals for the 50 cubic foot tanks. The sliver one is for the Silver tanks and it still needs gold lettering for the NAVY MK.II decal and the scuba tank inside the round decal. The gold one is for the black tanks and it just needs a lighter shade of yellow and it will be good to go. This version is too much Gold color..

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: US Divers Navy MK II tank decals getting close

Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:49 pm

Hey that looks very authentic Ron. I have a single set of the yellow chevron and round that I bought off Ebay a couple of years ago but it won't help for a set of doubles. As for the blue one... I've never seen any of that color for sale. I've heard there are "Jaws" movie fans that want to set up a gray tank with the blue decals just like the movie.

This is the yellow set I bought.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMTU0/ ... ~60_57.JPG
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

SheriffDiver
Master Diver

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:00 am

Surflung,

Here are the completed decals. Colors are correct now.

SheriffDiver
Master Diver

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:04 am

Surflung,

Those decals aren't for the aluminum tanks. They don't say Aluminum at the top of the circle. I don't think the steel tanks had the Chevron at the top either. Some of the later US Divers tanks didn't say aluminum on the decal though and didn't have the Chevron at all.

SheriffDiver
Master Diver

Re: US Divers Navy MK II tank decals done now.

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:14 am

Here are some ORIGINAL U.S. Divers Decals I have. Two are going on my original 1997 Era Aluminum tanks.

SheriffDiver
Master Diver

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:20 am

Surflung,

I have that tank from the Jaws photo you posted. I also have the correct U.S. Divers J Regulator and the reserve valve on the tank. If you watch closely in the film you'll see there are double reserves on that setup. A custom Jaws US Divers beavertail wetsuit with the Royal blue sleeves is in the works right now...... How many of you know in 1974 this wetsuit had a reverse zipper (Zips top to bottom)? Yep, it will have that too! :wink:

SheriffDiver
Master Diver

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:24 am

I hope to do the larger decals with the Professional Chevron soon. That one you show, the "SS" part of the Professional logo looks way off.

SheriffDiver
Master Diver

Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:45 pm

Here are the new decals applied to my original 1974 US Divers 50 cubic foot tank:

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:59 am

More "SO COOL" stuff from the great members of this forum. It's funny that I was watching Jaws last week and observed the same things. I was also saying to myself " Too bad we don't have any of those cool stickers for our AL tanks." Small world indeed!

PS; How much for a set?
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

SheriffDiver
Master Diver

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:39 pm

Here they are on my set of doubles from 1973. These are the 50 cubic foot doubles.

SheriffDiver
Master Diver

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:45 pm

Bronze06 wrote:More "SO COOL" stuff from the great members of this forum. It's funny that I was watching Jaws last week and observed the same things. I was also saying to myself " Too bad we don't have any of those cool stickers for our AL tanks." Small world indeed!

PS; How much for a set?
Bronze06,

These decals are for the 50 cubic foot tanks not the 80 cubic foot and the MKI tanks which are a little smaller in diameter like a normal 72 steel. If that is what you're looking for, I'm planning on doing those soon. Nobody reproduces the Aluminum tank decal from this Era. The round decals for the 80 foot tanks are larger in diameter and the Chevron will say Professional, MKI or even nothing. I don't want to put a price on them in this section because this isn't the For Sale section of the forum. Contact me by private message or email and I'll give you a price depending on which decals you're looking for. Remember the color of your tanks will make a difference in the decal color too!!

Bronze06
Master Diver

Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:34 pm

Actually I have a silver 100 that I would like to put some on just for fun. I am not a purist in this case so if they look a tad small on the 100 it is not a big deal for me.

Thanks, Russ

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:40 pm

FYI...
- I had a double set of aluminum 50s from about 1972. They were gray with the blue aluminum decal but did not have the Chevron. I remember they came with a red O-ring when they were new and that blow molded backpack with the Black harness with yellow pinstripes and nifty D-Ring shoulder buckles. The tanks were like brand new... I hardly used them in all the time up to when I got back into diving in 2011. The tanks were the 6498 aluminum but they tested VIP'd OKAY until last year. The one of them failed the Eddy test and I decided to retire the other one along with it. Such beautiful doubles... It sure was a shame to have to retire them.
- On the other hand, BRAND NEW Aluminum 50s can still be purchased and they're made out of the modern aluminum. My buddy Rich has just purchased his 2nd set of these and is planning putting your Decals on them when his project is done! :)
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

SheriffDiver
Master Diver

Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:02 pm

Bronze06 wrote:Actually I have a silver 100 that I would like to put some on just for fun. I am not a purist in this case so if they look a tad small on the 100 it is not a big deal for me.

Thanks, Russ
Russ,
I'm having some more made right now so when they are done I will let you know. Would I have to ship them overseas?

Bronze06
Master Diver

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:42 am

SheriffDiver wrote:
Bronze06 wrote:Actually I have a silver 100 that I would like to put some on just for fun. I am not a purist in this case so if they look a tad small on the 100 it is not a big deal for me.

Thanks, Russ
Russ,
I'm having some more made right now so when they are done I will let you know. Would I have to ship them overseas?
Yes my friend they would ship Overseas to a APO address. Not to worry, I would of course compensate you accordingly.

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Return to “General Discussions”