sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Re: New Argonaut Kraken Owners Post

Fri May 20, 2016 2:37 pm

When I read the words Anchor Spot in quotes, I cannot help but wonder about all the cool, historical artifacts he's checking out over there. 8)
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Fri May 20, 2016 6:17 pm

The last couple of weeks I have been shipping Argonauts all over the globe.....Scotland, Hungary, Poland, England, Tasmania and plenty here in the US. It really makes me feel good when I get pictures from divers enjoying their new regulators. Rob is going to be back down here again in a couple of weeks helping me stay ahead of the game getting regulators out more quickly so everyone can go diving!

Yep....Clearly double hose diving is dying on the vine and is about to fade into obscurity...What a crock of S***
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun May 22, 2016 9:28 am

Steve in Okinawa Japan takes his new Argonaut Kraken out for it's first dives :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sun May 22, 2016 10:08 am

Something that would be cool would be to post a world map with stick pins in it showing the countries were AKs are.
Herman

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun May 22, 2016 10:15 am

Herman wrote:Something that would be cool would be to post a world map with stick pins in it showing the countries were AKs are.
Luis has been asking for one for years.....I just don't know how to do it. Perhaps Ron or someone else with mad computer skills does???

It would have to be something simple to update as I don't have time or patience to learn any new programs etc etc....

Goodlifedivers
Master Diver
First Name: Danny

Sun May 22, 2016 11:30 am

You can use google maps to make a personal map. The biggest issue would be first adding all the pins initially but would be super simple to update and embed onto your site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Tue May 24, 2016 4:36 am

Where the Krakens Dwell.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-hYOf ... sp=sharing

Just open the above link and pan out. Roam the world until you find your location go to the add marker on the menu at the top and add/place your own "Kraken" marker point on the map and save (it should auto-save anyway). It is open to anyone with the link. Hopefully no one messes it up and eventually Bryan can save it and place a lock on it for only those who have got a Kraken. I added Bill up in Sitka, Alaska, Goodlife up in Oyster Bay, NY, YankDownUnder, in Melbourne, Australia and Adair in Sao Paulo, Brazil as examples. Guys, hope you don't mind and you can edit your point. This can serve as a test of global cooperative effort. When previewed, hit the satellite mode and it will give you a real world view. Start plugging them all in owners!!! :mrgreen:
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue May 24, 2016 9:52 am

You are welcome to use any map you like. I see no reason to have two of them but to each their own. The one I created is password protected and the locations are taken from waivers when divers purchase their regulators and will be used on the webpage and as a source for future reference and use.

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Tue May 24, 2016 3:04 pm

Sorry Bryan,

I didn't know you already had one up and running.
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue May 24, 2016 6:59 pm

No problem at all. .I really appreciate the enthusiasm and help. Guys like you are what makes VDH such a great place!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Tue May 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Maybe we can use Russ map for owners to add where they have taken their Argonaut. You can add your local dive location and any dive trip location.
It would be cool to see any exotic places the Argonaut has been diving at.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue May 24, 2016 8:02 pm

luis wrote:Maybe we can use Russ map for owners to add where they have taken their Argonaut. You can add your local dive location and any dive trip location.
It would be cool to see any exotic places the Argonaut has been diving at.
Great Idea!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Tue May 31, 2016 1:30 pm

Finally got Kraken # DN-001 to stop playing and get some work done. I actually bottom walked with her for a bit!

Last week and tender dropped an anchor at the dock. The anchor and fish tote were recovered, but the anchor was not pulled back aboard when the boat left. So...... They pulled away from the dock and dragged their anchor through the outflow pipe.

Herb did all the pre-measurements and the topside crew cut the new pipe and glued the flanges. All we had to do was use a come-a-long to slide the dock section back into place and then bolt things up. I wish I had a cool photo of the Kraken turning wrenches, but there just wasn't enough time.

Naturally, I had time for quick selfie!!!

I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:37 pm

Keith diving on the wreck of the Lady Isabella, on the west side of Little Cumbrae in the Clyde Estuary, Scotland. Visibility around 3-4metres, water temperature 10 degrees C, depth 14metres. The photo was taken by Isobel Carter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diveforfive
First Name: Craig

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:29 am

Just finished a pool dive to test out my new set up (still a work in progress). However, the Kraken breathes better than any single hose I've ever used. Its effortless.

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”