SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

2019 Dive Schedule

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:14 am

Hi Gang,
- I've taken the liberty of writing in a schedule of diving dates on my calendar. These are tentative in both date and destination. Please respond with any changes or preferences.
- Main goal here is to reserve dates so that "something else" doesn't take the date and we miss a diving opportunity.

Considerations...
- Weather can be cold early and late in the year. Hard to warm up between dives. Last year we tried putting a heater in the latrine/changing room at Fortune. It worked like a charm! Tent awnings (thanks Ron) have made diving in the rain much easier on surface intervals.
- Spread the word... I can't remember everybody I should send this to.
- This is a schedule where we might get a group together. If it doesn't fit everybody, all of the time, just schedule some other dates for you and your buddy... Get the dates reserved!

(Latest Edit 04/26)
April 26-27 Wazee
May 17-18 Fortune Pond
June 7-8 Wazee
June 21-22 Fortune Pond
July 19-20 Fortune Pond
August 2-3 Wazee
August 16-17 Fortune Pond
August 30-31 Wazee
September 13-14 Fortune Pond
September 27-28 Wazee
October 11-12 Fortune Pond
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

SurfLung
Master Diver

Re: 2019 Dive Schedule

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:32 am

FYI - That's about 11 "Days and a Half" of diving. Figure 3 dives day one and 2 dives day two... 5 dives per trip. Total 55 dives for the season. Almost nobody but Sea Hunt Jerry and Sheriffdiver Ron fit that many open water dives into a single year. I think just reserving the dates enhances our chances to dive. You can always skip a dive date if something important comes up (graduations, weddings, etc). But there's often too much planning, reservations, and preparation of a dive trip to be able to quickly grab a previously committed date that opens up unexpectedly. :D
SurfLung

SheriffDiver
Master Diver
First Name: John

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:47 pm

Did over 100 dives in a years time the past year. Will see if I can top 200 this year!!

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:25 pm

I have to attend a wedding on May 25th, but the weekend of May 17th - 18th could work for Fortune Pond for me...

SurfLung
Master Diver

Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:28 pm

Thanks for the feedback Jim and Ron. I changed the schedule to accommodate Jim's wedding committment. Actually the new dates are probably better because they don't interfere with Mothers Day nor Memorial Day. Ron, I know shifting Wazee to the 3-4 takes it out of your available dates. If I shifted things in the other direction, it gets into conflict with some of my own commitments. (Got nephews graduating this year).

(Latest Edit 04/26)
May 26-27 Wazee
May 17-18 Fortune Pond
June 7-8 Wazee
June 21-22 Fortune Pond
July 19-20 Fortune Pond
August 2-3 Wazee
August 16-17 Fortune Pond
August 30-31 Wazee
September 13-14 Fortune Pond
September 27-28 Wazee
October 11-12 Fortune Pond
SurfLung

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:05 pm

SurfLung wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:32 am
FYI - That's about 11 "Days and a Half" of diving. Figure 3 dives day one and 2 dives day two... 5 dives per trip. Total 55 dives for the season. Almost nobody but Sea Hunt Jerry and Sheriffdiver Ron fit that many open water dives into a single year. I think just reserving the dates enhances our chances to dive. You can always skip a dive date if something important comes up (graduations, weddings, etc). But there's often too much planning, reservations, and preparation of a dive trip to be able to quickly grab a previously committed date that opens up unexpectedly. :D

Hi Eben,

Maybe you remember someone once using the term: “Caribbean luxury divers”.

Well, just for the record, any self respecting “Caribbean luxury diver” would do that many dives in just a "relaxed" couple of weeks of vacation diving in the Caribbean.

I am just saying… :twisted: :D

Just kidding. :D
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

SurfLung
Master Diver

Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:04 am

luis wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:05 pm

Hi Eben,

Maybe you remember someone once using the term: “Caribbean luxury divers”.

Well, just for the record, any self respecting “Caribbean luxury diver” would do that many dives in just a "relaxed" couple of weeks of vacation diving in the Caribbean.

I am just saying… :twisted: :D

Just kidding. :D
I DO remember our great Live Aboard adventure to St. Kitts and Saba where the schedule was 5 dives a day for a week! As you know, Jill and I played the senior citizen card and only did three dives a day. But Wow Yes... That's the way to rack up a bunch high quality dive experience.

In our fresh water neck of the woods, it seems like most divers barely get in 1-2 dives a year... And that's often only on a vacation trip to someplace tropical. To get in 20-30 dives over a summer of long distance road trip weekends is a bit of a challenge. But the opportunities are there if a diver keeps our scheduled dates open on his calendar. :)
SurfLung

SheriffDiver
Master Diver
First Name: John

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:26 pm

Come with us on our dive trips. I will usually have my UDS-1 along if anybody wants to try one!

SurfLung
Master Diver

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:23 am

Nice video Ron. I think most viewers have no idea how much went into getting the UDS-1 system up and running... From finding a Hydrotest facility that could EV the tanks to fixing the plumbing, etc. Thanks for keeping the UDS-1 dream alive!
SurfLung

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”