SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Dive meet Inland divers Wayzee Friday July20th Sat July 21st

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi,
I'd like to invite divers from this site for two days of diving in Lake Wayzee Black River Falls Wisconsin.
This is where It all originally started in July of 2004.Somehow the Kemps Cow was there!
Not asking for sponsors just fun diving, and you can bring gear swap and sell. :) :( :twisted: :evil: :|
Jl

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Dive meet Inland divers Wayzee Friday July20th Sat July 21st

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Wazee 2004
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:18 am

T-Shirts Are Coming...
- Sea Hunt Jerry called me yesterday with an update on the Vintage Inland Divers Club Anniversary Dive Meet scheduled for July 20-21 at Wazee Lake in Black River Falls, WI. UPDATE: He'll have T-Shirt samples next week... And plenty of shirts available for the event. Below are just a few of the RSVPs we have not yet received! (I think that's Jerry with the umbrella) :D
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

SheriffDiver
Master Diver
First Name: John

Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:32 pm

I plan on attending. Eben, are you and Rich gonna bring your vintage wetsuits along?

SurfLung
Master Diver

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:17 am

Do You Mean Suits Like These?
Of Course!
SurfLung

SurfLung
Master Diver

Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:27 am

Motel Reservations...
-I just made my reservation at Best Western and they seemed to have a good supply of rooms still. The Comfort Inn is out of the cheaper rooms but does have some suites.
- Vintage Dive Gear Requirements: NONE! Come as You Are! We who dive vintage regularly will be diving as full vintage as we can. But anyone who is interested is welcome to join us and if you'd like, we'll lend you a double hose to try out. Our dive trips are for diving enthusiasts of all sorts. If you have a passion for any type of diving, come and join us... You will find yourself among friends.
- Vintage Gear You Might See Here: Double hose regulators from all of the old manufacturers plus the new Argonaut. Vintage STEEL scuba tanks in all sizes and configurations... I'll be bringing by "Twin 38s". You'll see Tripple 44s, single 44s, single and double 72s, Twin 53s... etc. You might even see UDS-1 and ABS dive systems from the 70s and 80s. You'll see two-piece wetsuits with beavertail, silver wetsuits, black wetsuits, black with yellow stripes, black with blue sleeves like the Jaws movie. Fins? You want to talk about fins and masks... rare Voit shoe fins, duck feet, waterlung rockets, repro swallow shoe fins, etc. Sea Hunt Jerry will most likely have his PortaSub scooter.
- Group Photo on Saturday - This being the anniversary of the first Vintage get together, Jerry wants to try and get a good group picture like they did at the first get together. The photo is scheduled for Saturday morning.
SurfLung

SurfLung
Master Diver

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 am

Planning the Group Photo...
- On Saturday July 21st, 11:00 AM, we're all going to meet at Sherwood Forest for a group photo with our Exotic (and vintage) Dive Gear. I was thinking we ought to lay out some tanks, UDS, ABS, Twin 38s, Twin 72s, Scooters, PortaSub, etc in front of the group... Kind of like the photos you see of a war plane with all of its armament laid out in front. Maybe the divers in front can kneel and hold up these items?
- Any ideas or photographic expertise on this matter would be appreciated. If the photo turns out nice, might make a good local press release for Wazee as well as local media. I've heard quite a few verbal intentions to attend this special anniversary event... Its a gonna be fun!

- This is the group photo from the 2005 Get Together
SurfLung

SurfLung
Master Diver

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:55 am

T-Shirts Look Good!
- Contact Sea Hunt Jerry to get your T-Shirt before they're all gone. Only $10! :shock:
SurfLung

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:14 pm

SurfLung wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 am
- This is the group photo from the 2005 Get Together
Must be Jerry's flip-flops front and center on the rock in the foreground. :D
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

SurfLung
Master Diver

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:05 am

16th Anniversary Wazee Vintage Update:
- Sea Hunt Jerry is the organizer of this event and if you're not on his text messaging list, you are missing numerous updates that range from humorous to serious to incomprehensible... But ALL GOOD! The latest examples are messages about a lime green thong, Magnum Ice Cream bars, and a wide open schedule of events... (Meaning lots of unscheduled time for us to dive and visit any way we like). Friday is diving all day and eating at the Pizza Hut Friday night. Saturday is diving too, but we want to meet up at Sherwood forest Access at 10:00 and take a group photo at 11:00. I'll have Brats and Buns available for lunch afterward. Feel free to bring something to share and your own beverages.
- Jerry mentioned if folks want to bring items to trade or sell, they're welcome. No formalized swap meet, however.
- Our main headquarters will be at the Sherwood Dive Access Point. Look for Jerry's red van, Rons white pickup, or my tan Xterra.

- I'm hoping to hear some good stories about how our Vintage Diving movement got started... :)

Food:
- Friday Ron is bringing a triple batch of Sloppy Joes for lunch.
- Saturday I'll have Brats and buns for lunch.
- Feel free to bring something (potato salad, cole slaw, cookies, bars, etc.) Hungry divers will appreciate it!
- BYO Beverage
SurfLung

SurfLung
Master Diver

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:22 am

Wazee Park Fees...
- I think they are actually lower than previous years.
- $5 per vehicle.
- Plus $5 per diver.
- Best to have cash for this. I have paid by check when self registering with the envelope in the box. But there is likely to be a park official at the booth this time of year and having cash may avoid any issues with them not accepting a check or c-card.

- This will be my last update for this event... Hope to see you soon at Wazee! :)
SurfLung

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Wazee park fee??? Earlier this year it was $13.00 for a vehicle and one diver, which is what it has been for years.

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:20 pm

Hi Swim Jim lowered diving to only $5.00 per day and raised parking to $5.00 we are now saving $3.00
Suggest try to pay for 2 days in advance so you avoid the line on Sat morning.
K C :P :twisted: :evil: :lol:

SheriffDiver
Master Diver

Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:53 pm

SurfLung wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:27 am
Motel Reservations...
-I just made my reservation at Best Western and they seemed to have a good supply of rooms still. The Comfort Inn is out of the cheaper rooms but does have some suites.
- Vintage Dive Gear Requirements: NONE! Come as You Are! We who dive vintage regularly will be diving as full vintage as we can. But anyone who is interested is welcome to join us and if you'd like, we'll lend you a double hose to try out. Our dive trips are for diving enthusiasts of all sorts. If you have a passion for any type of diving, come and join us... You will find yourself among friends.
- Vintage Gear You Might See Here: Double hose regulators from all of the old manufacturers plus the new Argonaut. Vintage STEEL scuba tanks in all sizes and configurations... I'll be bringing by "Twin 38s". You'll see Tripple 44s, single 44s, single and double 72s, Twin 53s... etc. You might even see UDS-1 and ABS dive systems from the 70s and 80s. You'll see two-piece wetsuits with beavertail, silver wetsuits, black wetsuits, black with yellow stripes, black with blue sleeves like the Jaws movie. Fins? You want to talk about fins and masks... rare Voit shoe fins, duck feet, waterlung rockets, repro swallow shoe fins, etc. Sea Hunt Jerry will most likely have his PortaSub scooter.
- Group Photo on Saturday - This being the anniversary of the first Vintage get together, Jerry wants to try and get a good group picture like they did at the first get together. The photo is scheduled for Saturday morning.
You had to have gotten there very early on Friday to see the 1974 US Divers Wetsuit and UDS-1 in action. Tom saw me coming out of the water with it. Took it to 91 feet. It was really getting dark down there. Dove my Voit Navy and my dark label Voit Polaris(don't tell Jerry...he still hasn't seen it in person).. Ha Dove my yellow striped wetsuit and also my silver wetsuit with triple tanks. Also dove my nice blue metal flake painted reg I got from Rob. I think Eben has a pick of me after the dive with it... It was a lot of work for me but well worth it so other people could enjoy themselves with a hot sandwich and a place to get out of the rain. I was the 1st to get there and the last to leave on Friday due to filling tanks and tearing down. Got home around 11 p.m. and was shot.

For those of you who missed it, here is my UDS-1 dive to 91 feet. I think it was 41 degrees at 91 feet. These tanks have a very unique ringing sound at depth.

SheriffDiver
Master Diver

Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Bill and his sons Drew and Jacob doing a vintage double hose dive to the sunken boat at Lake Wazee this weekend. Bill was wearing a DA Aquamaster HPR and Drew wore a US Divers Phoenix HPR. Jacob was modern diving with a Sherwood regulator. I work triple tanks, a blue metal flake 50 Fathom Voit regulator and my silver Sea Hunt style wetsuit.

Bryan here at VDH did the conversions on the HPR regulators...

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”