USdiver
Master Diver

Re: Scuba Heritage Days August 18th and 19th 2018 White Star Quarry

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:18 pm

Meet y'all on Friday at Gilboa, then White Star on Saturday and Sunday. Bringing the better half along as well.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

frogman63
Lung Diver
First Name: Brian

Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:05 am

I plan to be at Whitestar on Saturday; looking forward to it.

Brian

kgehring
Master Diver

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:14 pm

anyone need a room? I have a nice suite booked and dive buddy backed out. [email protected]

Got someone
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

USdiver
Master Diver

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:13 am

For those heading up a little early [Friday]. Due to the threat of Thunderstorms around Findlay we are moving today's dive from Gilboa to White Star. Should be arriving around 11:00 am for those who wish to join.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:33 pm

Well, another Heritage Days at White Star is in the books. There was a lot of deals to be had in the parking lot. I for one bought 4 metric tons of dive gear from Pete alone. The diving was awesome......well for chocolate milk it was anyway. Seriously the viz was about 15 feet but not too bad that Karl and Roger could not have Tekna DPV race. I managed to get my Tekna in the water thanks to Roger and took a quick 20 minute spin around the circumference of the quarry. Greg pretty much stayed in the water and had people bring him spare airs to decant into the tank on his back so he could dive 8 hours straight. We are pretty sure that the Guinness people where watching him. The Fees where there trading and diving like crazy. Mike Deluca brought me an awesome Bell made from a USD steel 72 cf tank. The Strube had a ton of stuff for sale from custom regs to barn fresh treasures. Arnie was with the Strube entertaining us with stories of the Strube and taking us to Tony Packos for dinner. Mark did his first double hose dive and was seen attempting to steal Gregs PRAM afterward. Barb managed to avoid a gluetneing by bringing tons of snacks that we all ate at an alarming rate. Mark L came late on Sunday and was bummed that he missed most of the great deals at Karl's table. Brian Carson may have taken a close second for time under the water next to Greg THE LUNG Barlow. Terry Steven made an appearance and I think his car left a little heavier from the swap meet. There were a lot of other folks there that I can't recall now, but a few converts I am sure. Stay tuned for next years Heritage Days dates and make sure you mark your calendar.

frogman63
Lung Diver
First Name: Brian

Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:01 pm

Thanks Rob for putting this together; my wife likes the new refrigerator magnets.
And thanks Pete: I will be diving the S/P pressure gauge on Thursday.
Great to see Pete, Terry, Frank, Greg, Mark, George, Lilian, Barb, Mike, Karl, and Jerrie again.

Take care,
Brian

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:17 am

Photos or Videos?
- Hey you guys, turn about is fair play. I'd appreciate seeing some photos or videos from this event.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”