SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Vintage Christmas Party Jan 5th

Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Vintage Divers Christmas Party Jan 5th
- On Friday Jan 5th, at 6:00 PM, we'll be having a Vintage Divers Christmas Party at the Park Tavern in St Louis Park, MN. Sea Hunt Jerry organized the event and it should be a fun time to reconnect with our Summer diving buddies.
- Nothing complicated. Order dinner and drinks from the menu. Speeches and toasts will be welcome. Show and tell of (Scuba equipment) is also welcome.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Vintage Christmas Party Jan 5th

Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Eben,

If it wasn't 1,935 miles from my house and I didn't already have plans to sit on my rear in front of my TV that night to watch Sea hunt re-runs, I'd be there! :D

Sounds like a great time. Say "hi" to Jerry for me and take lots of pictures.

Mark

Me at age 4 getting ready to watch Sea Hunt. :lol:
Sea Hunt Mark.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:48 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:Eben,

If it wasn't 1,935 miles from my house and I didn't already have plans to sit on my rear in front of my TV that night to watch Sea hunt re-runs, I'd be there! :D

Sounds like a great time. Say "hi" to Jerry for me and take lots of pictures.

Mark

Me at age 4 getting ready to watch Sea Hunt. Image
Sea Hunt Mark.jpg
Kemps Cow is swinging by my place and giving me a ride to the party. He's like Uber Uber..

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi ,
wishing everyone another year of Bad Jerry Jokes!

kgehring
Master Diver

Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:05 pm

Jerry, Have a MOOOOOOOOOORY Christmas!
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:39 pm

Once again Sea Hunt Jerry put together a great Christmas party for all of us Minnesota divers. There had to be 30-50 divers in attendance. Really nice place, the Park Tavern... They gave us our own dining room and provided Jerry with a laptop and projector for showing Sea Hunt episodes. We all just ordered off the menu and the food was great.

Tom brought along his Trieste converted to large diaphragm with the blue plastic Scuba Museum cans. Being the color coordinated guy that he is, Tom had this Hybrid Trieste equipped with a blue safe second regulator and pressure gauge. It took awhile for the guests to figure out what it was!

I brought my Serial number "Sea Hunt" Argonaut Kraken with matching safe second and pressure gauge, new black hoses and DSV mouthpiece. Surprisingly, I didn't have to tell much about it. The guests seemed to be in a competitive spirit for impressing each other with how much they already knew about the Kraken. They asked me if this was a raffle item... I said "SORRY NO!"

Mostly everyone milled about renewing old acquaintances and catching up. From the looks of things, 2018 is shaping up to be a good year for Scuba diving in general... And probably even better for us VINTAGE divers! :D
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”