Just a Little Touch-Up...
Making my Twin 38s Look Nice for This Sept. 15-16 Weekend!
- Last trip I noticed some pretty bad scratching on these Twin 38s... I like a little wear because it makes them look like Sea Hunt, But scratching down to the metal we cannot have! So, I brushed a couple of coats of galvalite 96% zinc paint on the scratches and then rolled a little more on later to even out the look. New galvalite looks a little brighter than old galvalite does after being dove a few times.
- This may be our last chance to dive Fortune Pond
for the season so we're bringing all of our favorite toys. Rich was over Sunday morning delivering the trailer and tanks that need filling and topping off. Tonight I'll do a little compressor time... Most tanks are already filled... But I'll make sure everything we need is full. I'll start securing things in the trailer. Scooter was re-charged but will need a top off. Rich has 3 tanks and 2 Twin 50s. I'll be bringing 3 Twin 38s, 1 Twin 42 (Sportsways), and 1 Twin 48, That's 5 dives worth of tanks for each of us. I think the scooter has about 90 minutes of run time per charge... So everybody can have a chance to play with it who wants.
- I was thinking of bringing my Sea Hunt wetsuit. It's a 3mm, which is what I usually dive with a hooded vest. So, I'll try diving it with a hooded vest and see if it gives me the same warmth and buoyancy characteristics. The beavertail definitely gives an extra layer, too.
- I haven't made any plans for food at the dive site. Last time the Subway sandwiches worked out pretty well.
- Rich and I are looking forward to seeing SwimJim, SheriffDiver, DiverDon, and maybe Eric P. Of course everyone is welcome!