Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sea Hunt Forever 2017

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:05 pm

SILVER SPRINGS, FL. March 4-5, 2017. Time travel to a bygone era when the sport of SCUBA diving was new. There were few divers then but one TV show changed that. Kids and the young at heart sat glued to their TV sets every week. The black and white exploits of Lloyd Bridges as ex-Navy frogman Mike Nelson defeated the bad guys, solved the mystery, and rescued the girl, all underwater. The time was the late 1950s, the show was Sea Hunt, and it inspired legions of ordinary folk to strap on a tank, sling a double hose regulator over their heads and slip beneath the waves.

In conjunction with Florida's SpringsFest the SEA HUNT FOREVER divers are returning to dive the crystal waters of Silver Springs where a majority of the original 155 Sea Hunt episodes were filmed. Diving authentic gear of the type actually used on the show, a hand-picked team of experts in all things Sea Hunt from 16 states and Canada will be reenacting underwater scenes from the show to the delight of visitors watching from the FAMOUS GLASS BOTTOM BOATS.

Renowned Sea Hunt collector and historian Alec Peirce is traveling from Toronto, Canada to be on hand displaying props, scripts and memorabilia from the show. Alec is recognized as having the world's largest collection of Sea Hunt artifacts. Alec began diving in 1958 when Sea Hunt first aired. Alec went on to found Scuba 2000, the largest dive shop in Toronto. Alec also hosts the web-based video series "Sea Hunt Remembered" spotlighting the show and the lessons learned from vintage diving. Come say hi to Alec and marvel at his Sea Hunt treasures.

Bring the whole family to Silver Springs Park, ride the glass bottom boats, and relive the adventure, or experience it for the first time. Interact with the divers, ask questions, get photos and learn about scuba history from the men and women who live it.

Sea Hunt Forever is brought to you by Vintage Double Hose.com , Florida Springs Fest and through the efforts of the volunteer diving cast members and support personnel.

[video]https://youtu.be/1rzEGjSy-F8[/video]
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Sea Hunt Forever 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Sea Hunt Forever this weekend! Stop in and check it out. Gonna be a blast!
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Wish I could be there!!!

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:30 am

swimjim wrote:Wish I could be there!!!
Me too... sure had fun last year!!! I guess I will just enjoy looking at my Sea Hunt era equipment display at home this year.
Hoping you all have a great time!
The older I get the better I was.

8dust
Master Diver

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:40 am

antique diver wrote:
swimjim wrote:Wish I could be there!!!
Me too... sure had fun last year!!! I guess I will just enjoy looking at my Sea Hunt era equipment display at home this year.
Hoping you all have a great time!

Me three!!!

Looking forward to pictures :)
Freddo
NAVED member #201

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:28 am

Not exactly what I said but any press is good press I guess......

http://www.ocala.com/news/20170302/acce ... pringsfest
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

couv
Master Diver

Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Well done Bryan! Thank you for all the effort expended in putting this party together. We'll probably never know all the BS and Red tape you had to wade and cut through. Additionally, what a massive group effort that was put forth from all corners. Guys and gals hauling compressors, tanks, modified spear guns, and all manor of equipment-and it all came together like clockwork. Kudos to the Ranger Ricks too.

A special thanks goes out to all those, especially Luis and Ron, who pushed this double-hose-johnny-come-lately into the WABAC machine so I could fulfill my childhood fantasy of becoming a hose-cutting/anaconda-killing Mike Nelson.

As always it was great to see the VDH gang I've previously met. It was also very enjoyable to meet so many of the folks who I knew only by their avatars and post.

See you below, huh.

P.s. Regards to Eva.
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:42 pm

couv wrote:It was also very enjoyable to meet so many of the folks who I knew only by their avatars.
Likewise Couv. It was a pleasure meeting and diving with you. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:51 pm

Awesome event.....Reviews are still coming in to the local paper today and the Sea Hunt Forever page on FB is very positive. You guys were great....All of you earned membership to the DIVE YOUR ASS OFF INCORPORATED CLUB.

Really proud to have such a great group representing vintage equipment divers from across the states. Crowd loved you guys! Silver Springs Park and Florida Springs Fest are both very appreciative of all your hard work and the level of perfection you took with your gear and all the props.

Please share some pictures and video from the event with everyone here when you have the chance.

THANK YOU :D

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:16 pm

L --> R Mark Spencer, Jerry Lang & Alec Pierce at Silver Springs, Florida - Sea Hunt Forever 2017
Scubalawyer, SeaHuntJerry, Alec Pierce.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Treasure in Silver Springs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Bottom Walking - Silver Springs.jpg

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Luis stalking mermaids.jpg

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:34 am

It was a great time and a great show. It was a wonderful team effort with extra special effort by Bryan, Roger, and Allan. The cooperation and teamwork was excellent. I really appreciate the extra help from those of you who know who you are. I am glad that everyone that made it worked so hard to have the right gear and attitude. I even tried to help in my own special way by providing the proper Sea Hunt regulator for Alec to dive, but it was not to be :roll:

Also a special thanks to all the naughty rubber clad frogwomen that graced us with their presence.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:14 pm

From Nicky Akin the park manager at Silver Springs.

You all were terrific! Tons of compliments! Your group is wonderful to work with. I am sure you heard the number but it was 5,871!

5,871 visitors and over 2k took the boat trip..... :D :D

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”