ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Sea Hunt Forever......2016

Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:18 pm

Bryan wrote:JMJ Wetsuits is giving us a custom wetsuit for the raffle and are sending down a Sea Hunt wetsuit to display at the event AND we can raffle it off as well :D

http://jmjwetsuits.com/
Wow Bryan, how did you ever swing that deal? You must know some pretty well connected, influential and persistent people with great negotiating skills. :lol:
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:22 am

I have an entire syndicate in CA just for such purposes :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:33 am

To all involved in securing the valuable sponsorship, Nice Job!

For anyone desiring to thank JMJ directly for their participation, it would be nice to email them at
[email protected]
The older I get the better I was.

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:49 pm

- I thanked them when I ordered my Sea Hunt wetsuit. Kind of a neat fellow to talk to... He related some info about the Body Glove brothers and O'Neill laying claim to who made the first commercial wetsuits back in the old days.
- He also said some interesting things about smooth skin neoprene. His commercial diver customers order thick, 12 mm suits with smooth skin on the inside. He said they use a mixture of water and hair conditioner to squirt inside the smooth skin to slip the suits on easy.
- Our Sea Hunt suits will be smooth on the outside but nylon lined on the inside. I ordered min in 3mm.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:36 pm

Roger is putting the final touches on the flyer which will be handed out by the thousands at the park on Saturday and Sunday. Below is a link to the front side in PDF form that you can download PRINT and or attach to any E-mail you send. Please share EVERYWHERE you think it will be seen and of interest. The link to the raffle is there and it's hyperlinked in the PDF so if you attache the PFD flyer to an E-mail all they have to do is click the link on the flyer and it goes right to the raffle.....SHARE EARLY....SHARE OFTEN.....Send to your LDS, Dive Club, Aquatic Center, News Media, Town Council meeting :) and ask them to post it on their bulletin board, put it on their webpage, share on their social media pages.....We need all the help and support we can get from everyone!

Roger has spent months revising and re-hashing ideas for the flyer and it turned out fantastic!! Ron, thanks for helping us get the PDF and hyperlink technology working correctly inside it.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/x4xl4iaofpmdgf ... F.pdf?dl=0
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:24 am

Photo by Allan K
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:16 pm

Dive Rite just gave us a Travel XT wing for the raffle! These work perfectly with the VDH plate!

https://www.raffleriver.com/app/raffle/ ... rt-Raffle/

use the arrows on either side of the main picture in the link above to see pictures of all the great prizes.

Robohips77
Master Diver

Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Bryan wrote:Roger is putting the final touches on the flyer which will be handed out by the thousands at the park on Saturday and Sunday. Below is a link to the front side in PDF form that you can download PRINT and or attach to any E-mail you send. Please share EVERYWHERE you think it will be seen and of interest. The link to the raffle is there and it's hyperlinked in the PDF so if you attache the PFD flyer to an E-mail all they have to do is click the link on the flyer and it goes right to the raffle.....SHARE EARLY....SHARE OFTEN.....Send to your LDS, Dive Club, Aquatic Center, News Media, Town Council meeting :) and ask them to post it on their bulletin board, put it on their webpage, share on their social media pages.....We need all the help and support we can get from everyone!

Roger has spent months revising and re-hashing ideas for the flyer and it turned out fantastic!! Ron, thanks for helping us get the PDF and hyperlink technology working correctly inside it.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/x4xl4iaofpmdgf ... F.pdf?dl=0
I am changing the Brochure as we have more vendors interested since the word is getting. I have a new PDF I can send to you as of todays influx of new donations. The raffle is growing. Keep up the good work all. :D email me for the new pdf or maybe Ron or Bryan can post the new one. they too have it. Van FrankOOOO :shock:
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:54 pm

Alec Peirce and Scuba 2000 just donated some nice camera and video gear to the raffle....THANK YOU!!!

Click here to go to the raffle page.....Click the arrows on the main picture on that page to scroll through all the prizes!

https://www.raffleriver.com/?r=3558

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:30 pm

Just some of the cool gear you will see on the divers at Sea Hunt Forever.

These particular regulators (a Voit Polaris 50 and a DA Aquamaster) like to hang out around bars too. :D

Mark
D1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:56 pm

Very nice!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:38 am

Here are two true Voit “Frankenstein” regulators ready for Sea Hunt.
This are hybrid regulators in the true spirit of some of the regulators that were used in the filming of “sea Hunt”. From the outside they do look like all Voit parts. :)

I just got my smooth skin wetsuit top and most of my other gear is almost ready to go.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:41 am

Raffle is underway supporting the divers participating in the Sea Hunt Forever event. Please take a look and buy your tickets now! Tickets available till March 21st. Domestic shipping of prizes is free.....Overseas winners responsible for shipping cost. Voit 50 Fathom double hose, Custom Made wetsuit by JMJ, many Sea Hunt collectible items.....
https://www.raffleriver.com/?r=3558

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:01 pm

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:37 pm

Sea Hunt adventures for the Kids!
Alec and Allan put together this great gear for the kids to take photos with at The Florida Springs Fest.
Sea Hunt Forever will be a special and unique experience for all ages. Along with the underwater action they can view from the famous glass bottom boats and displays of authentic Sea Hunt memorabilia an added experience for the young Mike Nelsons will also be provided.
The Sea Hunt Forever produces have assembled props of Sea Hunt era equipment. Kids can wear these props so they can get a taste of what it's like to dive this gear.
This is a great photo opportunity for the kids!
The equipment consists of a lightweight wooden tank and mock up double hose regulator. Original fins, mask, depth gauge, weight belt with wooden weights and an authentic looking NON functional Sea Hunt style speargun.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”