Emilio Largo
Vintage Diver

Vintage dive in Fiji (Almost)

Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:16 pm

swimaster wideview in fiji.jpg
I just returned from my honeymoon in Fiji. My new bride, Susie, and I stayed at Musket Cove Resort on Malolo Lailai Island. I did 4 SCUBA dives, but without most of my vintage gear. We "lost" a bag at LAX that carried the Phoenix HPR, our clothes and sunblock. The only vintage gear I had in my carry-on was a Voit Swimaster Wide View mask. I dove the Wide View, but really missed having a double hose regulator. Of course the bag arrived on next to last day. Anyway, if you ever have the chance to go to Fiji, I highly recommend it. The reefs are so colorful and vibrant and the fish are amazing. Plus the Fijian people are extremely friendly. Here is the only vintage diving picture I got from the trip. This was while relaxing after the morning boat dives to Castaway Reef.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“A diver wears a watch to tell what sport is his. The secondary function is to tell what time it is.” -Dick Anderson, Scubapro Catalog

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Vintage dive in Fiji (Almost)

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:57 am

You should have taken the Disco Volante 8) Congratulations to you both and hope to see you soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”