1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Blue Springs Indiana Saturday April 7th

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Greg, Dan, Robohips, and I are headed out to sunny clear (like chocolate milk) Blue Springs on Saturday. I think we will be meeting at about 10AM. Come join us if you are in the Ohio or Indiana area. Robohips will be using his hydroglove as will I! Come see our big selves squeeze into them :roll: .

Robohips77
Master Diver

Re: Blue Springs Indiana Saturday April 7th

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:21 pm

I plan on trying my walrus immitation again. :shock:
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

Greg Barlow
VDH Moderator
First Name: Greg

Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:38 pm

Dan, Rob, Roger, and I had a very enjoyable day of diving. The top side temp was in the mid 60s with a beautiful blue sky. The water temps have warmed to 53 degrees at the surface, and 42 at the bottom (52 ffw). All, in all, a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Rob preparing to show the VDH community that he does have the ball(s) to make a cold water dive.

Roger using a classic single hose reg, the Poseidon Cyklon 5000.

Dan demonstrating very good horizontal trim.

Gary Heil's bowling ball in its final resting spot.

Some shots of the 36' cabin cruiser resting in 52 ffw.

Greg Barlow
PADI Assistant Instructor
TDI Adv. EAN
TDI Decompression Procedures
IANTD Full Cave
NSS/CDS Full Cave

Robohips77
Master Diver

Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:03 pm

We had a great day of diving and the dives for me were the first to have my dry suit on in almost four years. :D After Dan and I did a thorough top side check and also had some small equipment malfunctions( Dan's wrist seal ripped) and a leaky HP hose we finally hit the water about 12:00pm. One thing I did not plan on was my original 5 mil gloves size XL after sitting unused after four years did not fit my hands very well due to some shrinkage. :shock: After soaking in water and working with them prior to each dive I was able to get them on with great difficulty. Time for new gloves. My swimming three to four times a week at the YMCA really prepared me to the extra task load I encounteed. It was great to get back in the water after a winter of no diving and no trips. :( I must say that having Dan, Rob and Greg there was great as they were all watchful of my top side actions and not allow me to carry my doubles. But again it was great and as Greg posted the weather was perfect. Blue Springs had decent visability but the amenities are definately lacking!. Unfortunately my quest to see the spoonbills came up empty. :( On to the Miami U. Pool Party next weekend. I look forward to going back to vintage equipment and its simplicity. :D
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

ivan's mermaid
Master Diver

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:18 am

I want to thank you guys for laying my Gary's bowling ball at the quarry.
Gary's mom passed away in November and she never threw anything away. After asking family members if they wanted it, and having no takers, I'm glad it's now at the quarry. I'm also glad that the wonderful man in my life placed it there, Gary's mom really loved Rob and she was happy for me that I was so lucky to find a great guy. Thanx again.....

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”