swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sea Hunt 50, the movie

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:24 am

Memorial Day weekend I was lucky enough to be involved in the Sea Hunt 50 event. This took place down at Silver Springs Florida. The event was to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Sea Hunt programs last Season.
I have put together a short video which includes a slide show and about fifteen minutes of video from the goings on during the event. The video will not be posted on the web, but is available in DVD format. Anyone registered on the forum who would like to receive a copy just send me an email at [email protected]. I'll need you name and address. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the show.

Jim

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Re: Sea Hunt 50, the movie

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:48 am

I just reviewed mine and as usual SwimJim did a bang up job. Jim has a real knack for editing and narration. Thanks for making this video Jim. Barb, Eva, Bryan, and I loved it.

swimjim
Master Diver

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:05 am

Just to clear up some early morning confusion, I'll need your snail mail name and address. :D

Jim

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Jim, Thank you for doing this!

You do have a real talent for this and I can't wait to be able to take a look at it. 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:18 pm

I watched it while I was at Robs house and the quality / editing was fantastic! Lots of great stuff on there. Since it has a soundtrack I think you would have to silence that or it would get pulled on You Tube.... Thanks again for the hard work!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

swimjim
Master Diver

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:45 am

Bryan wrote:I watched it while I was at Robs house and the quality / editing was fantastic! Lots of great stuff on there. Since it has a soundtrack I think you would have to silence that or it would get pulled on You Tube.... Thanks again for the hard work!
Yeah, I got the opening song and the opening titling idea when I was driving home from Florida. I thought it was just too cool not to use. That and the canned Sea Hunt opening/closing for the video portion made it a little dicey to put up on the net. While the production does have it's gaffs, it's fun to watch. Silver Springs and vintage scuba is a great video subject!

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi Jim,
Thanks again for the great video.
Jerry :roll: :lol:

swimjim
Master Diver

Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:20 am

Glad you enjoyed it Jerry. I did a major shipment on Thursday so everyone who has sent a request should be getting theirs in short order.

Jim

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Well the mailman just delivered my copy of the Sea Hunt video, and I wasn't able to get back to the house and DVD player fast enough. Just finished watching it and it was GREAT! :D Once again I send my THANKS to you Jim for making this available and the fantastic job that you did with it. Earlier this year I was planning on attending this event; but for a number of reasons I had to change my mind and regretfully decline. For this reason I am very thankful that this video was made available to us; which gives some opportunity to see what took place at this event, and to at least feel a part of it from that perspective. Like most of you I grew up watching this show and I can say that Sea Hunt, Lloyd Bridges / Mike Nelson is the reason I became a diver. GREAT JOB! 8) :wink: THANK YOU! Terry
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:12 am

Vintagediver wrote:... Just finished watching it and it was GREAT! :D Once again I send my THANKS to you Jim for making this available and the fantastic job that you did with it. ...
I completely agree and also want to say thank you again to Jim for doing this for everyone! 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Aileron
Master Diver
First Name: Lisa

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Thank You Jim!!! The video was fantastic!!!
The Kids: Royal Mistral, Voit Faux 50 Fathom, Jet Air, PRAM x 2, Snark III Silver, DA, Healthways, DA Non Mag
NAVED #205

leicamshooter

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Any chance you Will you be sending out another order?

Regards
Gonzalo

swimjim
Master Diver

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:42 pm

leicamshooter wrote:Any chance you Will you be sending out another order?

Regards
Gonzalo
I have a few more requests and I will burn a few more Mondayish. Just send me your name and mailing address to [email protected] and I'll be happy to send you a copy.
By the way everyone, thank you for the wonderful reviews. I really do apprieciate that!

Jim

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:12 pm

I received my disk and it's the next best thing to being there... Thanks a lot Jim! Snapshots and video portions were both great. The videos brought the Sea Hunt sets into reality... I could actually recognize some of it that I've seen on TV. Really neat.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

ivan's mermaid
Master Diver

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:40 am

Jim: Rob and I were just talking about how much time and money has gone into making all of us a copy of the very cool video. As many as you've sent with the cost of the discs and postage it adds up pretty quick.
Would you accept a "gift", via pay pal to help defray the costs.
Just let us know and thanx again. I showed the video to the girls in my card club and they think I'm pretty gutsy, thanx for making me look good!

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”