1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Thanks to Allan

Mon May 30, 2011 9:44 am

I wanted to time to thank Allan Klauda. You really worked even harder than I realized on this years Sea Hunt. I am so glad that I was able to be a part of it. I know you think some stuff did not turn out well, but be assured that not even hollywood with a budget could have pulled this off any better. You are a master craftsman and a great organizer. We are very spoiled by having yours and Debbie's organizational skills.

This is not meant to ignore the contributions of many others such as but not limited to Roger Van Frank, Gary Reece, Joe Musial, and others. I just wanted to really highliget Allan.

Barb and I a really looking forward to the next Sea Hunt performance?????? 8)

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Re: Thanks to Allan

Mon May 30, 2011 12:36 pm

Well said and I would like to offer my thanks as well.

Allan, it would not have happened without you. Thank you, Debbie and all the others very much!! :D
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Mon May 30, 2011 12:42 pm

Thank you Allan for letting VDH be a sponsor for Sea Hunt Live. It would never have happened without your hard work, attention to detail and never say die attitude. Eva and I both feel fortunate to have been part of the event.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Herman
VDH Moderator

Mon May 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Thanks as well from Kathy and myself. We had a great time, both in and out of the water. Getting to dive in the spot where so many Sea Hunt (and Creature from the Black Lagoon) was worth the trip.

We are pooped but back home.
Herman

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Mon May 30, 2011 7:31 pm

I agree. Allan was very gracious, and the planning and execution went very well. He allowed me to use borrow gear, and get a few dives in at Silver Springs. Bryan and Eva loaned me some gear, which was very kind of them. The smiles I saw when looking through the bottom of those glass bottom boats was well worth it. I thought everything was very professional. Also, I got to tell lies and drink beer, so that never hurts. Thanks also to Eva and her family for the cookout, and for their graciousness. Finally, thanks to Roger for the rooms, and Bryan for the large caliber Russian ammunition :) Anna and I had a blast with all of you!
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Aileron
Master Diver
First Name: Lisa

Mon May 30, 2011 7:35 pm

I agree with everyone, and as a spectator only, I enjoyed every bit of it.
Thank you, Allan, for your obvious hard work and attention to detail that this event demanded.

And thanks to everyone else for lugging your terrific gear hundreds of miles away for me to drool over, and completing the SeaHunt experience!

Lisa
The Kids: Royal Mistral, Voit Faux 50 Fathom, Jet Air, PRAM x 2, Snark III Silver, DA, Healthways, DA Non Mag
NAVED #205

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 am

Not much I can add to what has already been said, but I would like to add my thanks to Allan and crew as well! I had a great time at the event and found it to be about as flawless as these things get. Also thanks to Jerry and Bryan for the air fills!

Jim

ScubaLady
Vintage Diver
First Name: Becky

Tue May 31, 2011 9:06 am

Allan and Debbie....thank you so very much for your hard work in making the event a huge success. While it is always fun for the divers, the faces on the patrons of the glass bottom boats (especially the children) was priceless. If we inspired just one person to take up Scuba, then the weekend was well worth it and if they some day venture into vintage scuba then we have found a lost brother or sister.

What a delight to meet so many people to begin putting names and faces together.

Big thanks to those who took the time to make the memories and those who took the time to record them for many to share.

Lisa, what a delight to meet you. Can't wait to have you and your crew visit us. Please, let's get something on the schedule soon. Polina, my scuba sister, I will see you very soon. We will make it happen. Roger, can't wait for my package. You are the very best!!

Can't wait to see everyone again in Portage.
Vintage Diving...the fun never gets old.

easydiver1
Skin Diver
First Name: Mike

Tue May 31, 2011 9:38 am

Just wanted to thank Allan for all his hard work. I also would like to thank all my new friends for making myself and Annie feel very welcome. We had a great time and are gratefull to have been invited. You are all a great group and we hope to see you again. Special thanks to Jerry and Roger! It was great to get back underwater after a very long time. Long live Sea Hunt!

Emilio Largo
Vintage Diver

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:03 am

And I too want to thank Allan for all the hard work that made the Sea Hunt 50th event a huge sucess. And thanks to everybody else who contributed. It was a LOT of fun, and even my girlfriend who doesn't dive (yet) had a ball. Sorry I didn't get to say good bye to everyone before leaving but I stayed in the water longer than I planned for the last dive. I hope Silver Springs wants to host another vintage diving event. When's the 50th anniversary of the Creature from the Black Lagoon? I got dibs on the Creature costume!
“A diver wears a watch to tell what sport is his. The secondary function is to tell what time it is.” -Dick Anderson, Scubapro Catalog

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:47 am

Also thanks to Rob S. And Karl for the fins, and to God for making their feet the same size as mine :)
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:45 am

slonda828 wrote:Also thanks to Rob S. And Karl for the fins, and to God for making their feet the same size as mine :)
And then there was a steel 72. I'm just saying... :wink: :lol:
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

thepeanutking
Diver

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:07 am

I just wanted to also exstend my Thanks to Allen for doing a fantastic job on making this event happen for me and everyone that was there, it was a Great time for me and everyone else. And just wanted to say a BIG Thanks !!!!!
Dive to Live and Live to Dive

hallen41
Skin Diver

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Thanks for all the hard work. This was a great event.

Robohips77
Master Diver

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:54 am

Robohips and Benedict also had a great time. We have over 100 gigs of video that Dan is already getting bug eyes over. I have some stills that I will post as soon as possible. Still trying to figure out why I continue to return to Ohio. :shock: 8) I really like wearing sunglasses everyday and having to worry about skin cancer!!!! Better half just retired this past Tuesday. Maybe soon. :)
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”