simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

SEA HUNT LIVE! 2011

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:24 am

This event will most likely be the last of its kind. All cast members will be using and wearing period correct gear as documented by hours of Sea Hunt episode viewing. If you are in Florida on Memorial Day Weekend, 2011, come visit and see where many of the episodes of the TV show were filmed. Recreation of many of the scenes from the show can be viewed from the Historical Glass Bottom Boats. For more information, email [email protected]
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

Aileron
Master Diver
First Name: Lisa

Re: SEA HUNT LIVE! 2011

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:47 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm going to this....No, I am sure.
The Kids: Royal Mistral, Voit Faux 50 Fathom, Jet Air, PRAM x 2, Snark III Silver, DA, Healthways, DA Non Mag
NAVED #205

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:37 pm

A few of us were already diving then. How many others will admit to being that vintage?
The older I get the better I was.

simonbeans
VDH Moderator

Thu May 05, 2011 12:30 pm

With a professional photographer http://www.polinareznikov.com/ and a professional videographer on the crew, the cast of Sea Hunt Live! 2011 will most likely be wearing make-up under their dive masks. This should be a very special event.
http://www.silversprings.com/events.html

Herman
VDH Moderator

Thu May 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Aileron wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm going to this....No, I am sure.
So I can collect that beer you owe me?? :)
Herman

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Tue May 10, 2011 6:20 pm

Even if this an April Fools prank, I'll risk being the fool to ask if there's any chance I could come along and dive vintage in Silver Springs?
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

simonbeans
VDH Moderator

Tue May 10, 2011 6:42 pm

PM sent.

Aileron
Master Diver

Tue May 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Herman wrote:
Aileron wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm going to this....No, I am sure.
So I can collect that beer you owe me?? :)

I'm planning on it Herman!
The Kids: Royal Mistral, Voit Faux 50 Fathom, Jet Air, PRAM x 2, Snark III Silver, DA, Healthways, DA Non Mag
NAVED #205

Aileron
Master Diver

Tue May 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Is there a schedule of events for the day? Are both days events similar? Just wondering how early I need to get up to drive up there before everything starts...plus I want time to thoroughly inspect and drool over everyone's gear.

Lisa
NAVED #205

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Tue May 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Come on over on Friday and dive with us at Paradise Springs....We are going to try an video some training type films if we can. I'm sure Friday night will be full of tales of Captain Fathom, submarine assault team, alligator/shark close encounters and various other lies we tell when we all get together...I think Ron plans on wearing his rubber pants...Just sayin...
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Drado
Master Diver
First Name: Eduardo

Tue May 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Envy. That's what I'm feeling... Envy :mrgreen:

Have fun everyone! :D

Aileron
Master Diver

Tue May 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Bryan wrote:Come on over on Friday and dive with us at Paradise Springs....We are going to try an video some training type films if we can. I'm sure Friday night will be full of tales of Captain Fathom, submarine assault team, alligator/shark close encounters and various other lies we tell when we all get together...I think Ron plans on wearing his rubber pants...Just sayin...

O.M.G. there's absolutely no way I can miss Captain Fathom and "rubber pants" now can I? If not just for laughs, but for possible blackmail purposes later on :lol: ...... I may not be able to join you for the dive on Fri (work), we can certainly make the tall tales portion of the program Fri night. I owe a few beers to a couple of you guys, that seems the opportune time.
NAVED #205

Aileron
Master Diver

Tue May 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Drado wrote:Envy. That's what I'm feeling... Envy :mrgreen:

Have fun everyone! :D

No worries Ed, I'll have the photographic evidence, um, I mean PICTURES of Ron in rubber pants, I mean SEAHUNT 2011 that I'll post...

Remember, you're only a 12 hour flight with 3 layovers, 6 time zones, 3 rental cars, 4 hotels, 8 bags of luggage and $40,000 worth of overweight baggage fees away!
NAVED #205

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Wed May 18, 2011 10:29 am

- I envy you guys who live nearby and can just drive over to participate. My dive travel budget and time away from work just won't fit in the time and expense to fly down for this extremely important Vintage weekend.
- I have set aside the dates for Portage and Wazzee however, and I look forward to meeting and diving with you soon. Best Regards for you all at the Sea Hunt weekend...
Sincerely, Eben :cry:
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Thu May 19, 2011 11:53 am

Being that I live on the opposite side of the continent, I won't be able to make it either. But I wish I could.

My sister was in Ocala earlier this year and she brought me and my boys t-shirts from the Don Garlitts Museum of Drag Racing. If anyone has an off-gass day before flying back home, it sound like the Don Garlitts Museum is well worth the time. Some of her pics of the old Hemi's and front engine dragsters were really fun to see.

Vintage diving and old school dragsters all in one place??? Almost sounds like paradise.

Hope everyone has fun.
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”