1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Dec 22nd Greg and Rob hit the ICEY Blue Spgs

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Come one come all and join Crazy Lung Barlow and the Stuffed Sausage Hydroglove Rob in a fun filled day of ice water diving. We will be there at 11AM without a chainsaw...so I hope it is not iced over.

I may even dive a PRAM with a DUCKBILL KILLER in it, but it is hard not to dive my FX 50 FATHOM. Perhaps Gary will be there with his (for sale) dimple bottom doubles????

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Dec 15th Grag and Rob hit the ICEY Blue Spgs

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Do you have a time machine?
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Skin Diver
Diver

Re: Dec 22nd Greg and Rob hit the ICEY Blue Spgs

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:14 am

Wow, them boys have courage. Outside air temp this morning was 19 degrees. I might just go there, sit in my nice warm Truck, drink hot cocoa and watch while remembering that I too was once brave enough to run with the big dogs! Burrrrrr!

ivan's mermaid
Master Diver

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:29 am

I would go and sit with you in the nice warm truck Gary, but I have to work....

I can't complain though be cause Rob has to work Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and New Years Day. I can't wait until I retire and can share Rob's schedule.
I'll be the Dive Assistant on those cold dives at Blue Springs then my little
Sausage Man.

Robohips77
Master Diver

Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:11 am

I am off that day for Physical therapy and may just try to get an ealier time so that I can drive over and provide my professional top side support (firewood provider and fire feeder :lol: :lol: ). Will let you know. Can't dive yet but sure could watch bubbles. It is a possiblitiy of either rain or snow at this time. I think my Dad used to call that SNIT. :D
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:01 am

ivan's mermaid wrote:... I'll be the Dive Assistant on those cold dives at Blue Springs then my little Sausage Man.

Barb, tell your "little Sausage Man" and Greg to enjoy their dives and be safe.
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

ScubaLady
Vintage Diver
First Name: Becky

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:38 am

Sorry that I will miss all the fun. Normally, I would be happy to don the dry suit and jump in for a little SCUBA fun. But, I am heading to sunny Florida that day. Have a great time, guys. Wish I could be there!

Ginnie Springs....here I come!
Vintage Diving...the fun never gets old.

floatingpi
Lung Diver
First Name: Mike

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:03 pm

Have fun guys! I would love to be there with you. Was going to be asking about a dive gathering. Sadly I will miss this gathering as well. I just graduated college with my teaching degree and got a job. Its on the other end of the reservation so I am moving to housing there and getting my classroom ready. Don't know if thats going to be 3rd grade or Lakota Studies, either way I am just happy I have a job.

One of these days I'll join you guys over there for a dive!

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:15 pm

Well, we got back safe and sound. We had to park up in the parking lot to avoid getting stuck in the snow near the waters edge. We then had to suit up in the van instead of the shacks at the quarry. The air temp was about 22 and the water was a warm 37 to 39. Greg dived his PRAM and modern drysuit with wet gloves???? I dived my AWESOME vintage style HYDROGLOVE with my PS DRYGLOVES that I sell on my site. I also of course used my triples and the Blue FX 50 FATHOM (why wouldn't I? :D ). After gearing up we trudged down to the water in about 6 inches of snow. We were both suprised that there was no ice on the water? We slipped in the water and away we went. We nearly did the circumference of the quarry for a total of 50 minutes. After getting out Greg looked like a glazed donut with his suit all iced up. My hands were toasty warm and Greg was hurting. The viz was rather nice about 30 plus in most parts. The Hydroglove did well and was VERY low drag. I did get a little more water leakage in via the hood than I would have cared to have but that may have been my fault not getting the skirt of the hood situated correctly. After the dive Greg and I hotfooted it up to the van and I helped Mr Freezy hands get out of his gear and we threw it haphazardly into the van and fled with heater roaring to the Chinese Buffet!

Unfortunately we have no pictures as Greg's camera went chest up on us.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”