1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Greg and Rob voyage to BLUE SPRINGS in Waldron In.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:42 pm

That's right we will be there at about 11AM SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!! Come join the fun and the freezing water. Rumor has it that a set of triple 72 cf tanks will be there as well???? :roll:

floatingpi
Lung Diver
First Name: Mike

Re: Greg and Rob voyage to BLUE SPRINGS in Waldron In.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:43 pm

If things aren't frozen over by Dec. 15 would love to try to make a Christmas break dive. I'll be done student teaching and on break! Missing out on a lost of these dives because of my last semester of college!

In any case enjoy the dive!

1969ivan1
Plank Owner

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:37 am

Frozen over? Cut a hole in the ice!

ivan's mermaid
Master Diver

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:20 am

The guys just left. It is currently 29 degrees.....
Looks like it's going to be sunny today with a high of 43.
Of course, I got other fun things to do like laundry and shopping, at least these 2 activities can be accomplished without me freezing.
Wonder if any one is going to join them
Peanut King, Scuba Lady, Karl?

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:54 am

I would most definitely be there if it were not for a few obstacles: 9 hour drive, 29 degrees, snow along I-90 to Ohio, COLD water, having to wear a dry suit, and the lack of desire to view some of the treasures of a quarry (def: hole in ground, filled with water in which junk is placed). I hope the boys have a good time and send along some pictures of the merriment. :roll: :roll:

Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:33 pm

simonbeans wrote:I would most definitely be there if it were not for a few obstacles: 9 hour drive, 29 degrees, snow along I-90 to Ohio, COLD water, having to wear a dry suit, and the lack of desire to view some of the treasures of a quarry (def: hole in ground, filled with water in which junk is placed). I hope the boys have a good time and send along some pictures of the merriment. :roll: :roll:

My obstacles are about the same as Allans, but add driving through Chicago coming and going. The drysuit isn't an issue for me though. Instead of driving down i rode my recumbent bicycle 15 miles. Oh, did I mention it's 21 degrees here? Home in time for the Packers/ Falcons. Should be a good game regardless of who you're rooting for!

ScubaLady
Vintage Diver
First Name: Becky

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:56 pm

What a wonderful surprise today. Having been offline for a few days, I had not seen this post. There I was at Blue Springs with my buddies, Tom and Rick, getting ready for a dive when I saw a van with Ohio plates. My first thought was I hope that is one of my vintage pals. Unfortunately, I didn't recognize the driver, so my heart started to sink. Then, low and behold, the passenger got out and I recognized him. Next, the driver walked up and said, "You must be Becky. Hi, I'm Greg." What a wonderful surprise to a day that was already turning out to be a nice day for diving!!

I have been very anxious to meet Greg since getting a beautiful Voit in the mail last week. the man is as sweet as my Voit!!

Every time I get to put VDH forum usernames with faces makes for a wonderful day. Allan, you better be careful, I may just have to drive nine hours to say "hello, my friend!"
Vintage Diving...the fun never gets old.

floatingpi
Lung Diver
First Name: Mike

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:35 pm

1969ivan1 wrote:Frozen over? Cut a hole in the ice!
Hell yea thats the way to approach it!

So did those triple 72s make an appearance today or not?

1969ivan1
Plank Owner

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:27 am

Greg and I made it there and back! It was also cool that two other 2 hosers also came in the form of Rick and Becky! I wore my vintage Hydroglove drysuit and jumped into the cold 48 degree water for 2 dives of 51 minutes and 31 minutes. The day was sunny and about 50 degrees so I wore wetgloves. The Hydroglove did not disapoint and kept me rather comfy. Of course as mentioned before by Floatingpi and others venting air from the hood does allow some water to get into the suit, but my wrist seals held fast as did the rolled up midsection! I am going to get another one of these just so I have a back up. The price is very reasonable and William at Hydroglove is a really stand up guy. On both dives I used my USD triples with Allan's harness, and of course an oval mask. The regs of choice....what else, but the FX in Green and Blue!!!

Greg dived his new PRAM. I thought he would never shut up about how great the PRAM was, sheesh! Why he waited so long to buy one i will never know! I think Becky is ready to buy herself a Hydroglove after checking out my best impression of a stuffed sausuage casing ha ha.

The water viz was about 20 feet and in some places a little worse. We scoured the bottom for lost dive gear and only found a lame DACOR snorkel that I hooked on a line near one of the sunken boats.
All in all we had a great time and a great day. Thanks for driving Greg!

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:55 am

Is there any chance of getting a Hydroglove suit in "Orca" pattern? I think Rob and I could infiltrate the pack pretty convincingly if we could....Just sayin...

Image[/quote]
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:22 pm

Bryan wrote:Is there any chance of getting a Hydroglove suit in "Orca" pattern? I think Rob and I could infiltrate the pack pretty convincingly if we could....Just sayin...

How would you guys handle the mother Orcas continually trying to push you both to the surface to breathe? :wink:
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:43 pm

JES wrote:
Bryan wrote:Is there any chance of getting a Hydroglove suit in "Orca" pattern? I think Rob and I could infiltrate the pack pretty convincingly if we could....Just sayin...

How would you guys handle the mother Orcas continually trying to push you both to the surface to breathe? :wink:
It's more likely a mother Orca would kill you because you are different and are there for a threat. :shock: :shock:

ScubaLady
Vintage Diver
First Name: Becky

Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:54 pm

I think Becky is ready to buy herself a Hydroglove after checking out my best impression of a stuffed sausuage casing ha ha.
Here I was thinking of other breakfast foods. Didn't I hear Barb refer to you as her "stud muffin?" :wink:

Seriously, nice looking suit. You are right, I need to get one or two ordered.... as soon as I get back from Grand Cayman! If all goes well, I will have 25 more double hose dives by this time on the 10th of December!! This assumes the antibiotic I am taking kicks this sinus infection. Otherwise, they will be all shallow double hose dives. :cry: :cry:

Or, a really good tan.
Vintage Diving...the fun never gets old.

Greg Barlow
VDH Moderator
First Name: Greg

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:23 pm

ScubaLady wrote:What a wonderful surprise today. Having been offline for a few days, I had not seen this post. There I was at Blue Springs with my buddies, Tom and Rick, getting ready for a dive when I saw a van with Ohio plates. My first thought was I hope that is one of my vintage pals. Unfortunately, I didn't recognize the driver, so my heart started to sink. Then, low and behold, the passenger got out and I recognized him. Next, the driver walked up and said, "You must be Becky. Hi, I'm Greg." What a wonderful surprise to a day that was already turning out to be a nice day for diving!!

I have been very anxious to meet Greg since getting a beautiful Voit in the mail last week. the man is as sweet as my Voit!!

Every time I get to put VDH forum usernames with faces makes for a wonderful day. Allan, you better be careful, I may just have to drive nine hours to say "hello, my friend!"
Becky,

The pleasure was all mine. When, and if, the rain ever stops in the mid-west, we will need to schedule a day where we can all get together and make some winter dives. It won't be long before we are seeing a consistent 30' of horizontal visibility.

Have an awesome time in the Caymans! Make certain to give us a dive report when you get a chance.

Greg
Greg Barlow
PADI Assistant Instructor
TDI Adv. EAN
TDI Decompression Procedures
IANTD Full Cave
NSS/CDS Full Cave

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:10 pm

JES wrote:

I think you should be more concerned about becoming the object of an Orca's "affection" :oops:
The older I get the better I was.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”