Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Florida Diving This Weekend

Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:02 am

Curt at DPV repair in Ocala knows what he's doing 8) ....We picked it up on Friday,used and abused it and it finally started a noticeable decline in power when Rob was running upstream in the river by Ginnie Springs on Sunday.

Roger you know how I treat my gear...The yellow triples have a few dings on them....The small weights that Allan made for me balanced them out just right and they are much more comfortable to dive with.

The aluminum 30cf triples are amazing! I used them setup as mini doubles for several years and always liked them as doubles..The balance with them as triples is fantastic with zero buoyancy issues. Easily as comfortable as a single 72 with lots more air! They drive people crazy because they can't figure out WTF they are. I really like the look of my vintage low pressure triples but these are the Cats PJ's.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:48 pm

Bryan wrote:Curt at DPV repair in Ocala knows what he's doing 8) ....We picked it up on Friday,used and abused it and it finally started a noticeable decline in power when Rob was running upstream in the river by Ginnie Springs on Sunday. ...
I've heard good things about Curt at DPV Repair. Seeing the Prince of Darkness reminds me, I need to get new batteries for my Mako. 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

kgehring
Master Diver

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:55 pm

Looks like the Fla trip was fun for all! I might have to send my dpv down for repair. I replaced the clutch and all parts out to the adj. knob execpt the blades and still have a wobble.
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”