SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Crosby Lake Pennington July 12th

Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:39 am

Crosby Lake Pennington
- SeaHunt Jerry planned a quick diving get together up at Lake Pennington in the Crosby pits. Franz Carlson was able to go so it was nice to see him and his wife. Franz and Jerry and Tom McCluskey are pioneers of our vintage diving movement.
- Rich and I drove up. Jerry brought a couple friends. And I think 1-2 other divers came on their own. All those guys only dove once. They were packed up and leaving by the time Rich and I came up from our first dive. So, not much chance for visiting between dives this time.
- Rich and I did two dives, about 45 and 40 minutes each. We dove our Twin Tanks and mostly were at about 23 feet deep... Visibility was excellent at about 30 ft. Water was warm down to about 18 feet deep. Cooler at 23 feet but not cold. Very nice comfortable diving conditions.
- I dove my Voit 50 Fathom the first dive and my Kawasaki DA AquaMaster the second dive. I think rich was diving the new Royal AquaMaster he bought from Ron. Two sets of Twin 38 Tanks for me. Voit Twin 50s and new Aluminum Twin 50s for Rich. Yes we had plenty of air left over... :)
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”