SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Pool Dive Tune-Up

Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:11 am

Pool Dive Tune-Up
- Rich (50,001 Questions) and I try to stay in vintage diving shape during the winter by going to our once-per-month "open Swim" at the Junior High School pool. Max depth is 12 feet... Nice big pool and very clear water. Quite often we'll have the place to ourselves. Last Sunday, we skipped the last day of deer season to go pool diving. I know... Whoopdy Do we went pool diving. Why post it here?
- Well, why not? We had fun and we were totally vintage diving! Rich was diving his Jack the Frogman tank with BacPac harness and trying out two double hose regs: The Snarkamatic and his SHF Voit 50 Fathom (show prop from Rob).
- I was diving a single 38 tank with the same USD BacPac and my Royal Master regulator. Duck feet fins. So simple. We were thinking how much fun it would be to dive this way, without wetsuits... Set and forget buoyancy and swim as streamlined as an old fat guy can get. My 38 lasted an hour and 10 minutes when I finally pulled the reserve rod and quit... Which works perfectly and probably would have given me 5-10 more minutes at those shallow depths.
- Wouldn't it be fun to ship our vintage Twin 38s or single 38s to Cozumel so we could dive this way in warm open water?
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: Pool Dive Tune-Up

Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Pool Dive 12/15/19
- I can't believe its already been a month since the last Pool Dive. This time I decided to spice it up a bit by using ALL of my Snark III regulators. I have two of the old V2 models and three of Snark III models. Managed to dive all but two of the Snarks. And they all worked great including the lastest one I bought from Jerry for $30. I managed to dive only three of them before running out of pool time.
- Rich brought along his SnarkaMaster plus two other vintage regs. We were also trying out as well as adjusting our USD BackPacs. And I was doing a First Dive with my newly remodeled "Jerry's Green Tank" after removal of the WWII USN Shatterproof wire wrap, a fresh hydro test, Galvalite paint job, and nicely service vintage J-Valve.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

ubxdiver
Diver
First Name: John

Re: Jack the Frogman image?

Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:38 pm

Does anybody have an image of the Jack the Frogman sticker they can post?

BigSwell
Master Diver
First Name: Kevin

Re: Pool Dive Tune-Up

Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:12 am

No sticker but an advert from long ago... admission was only 6P back then, whata bargain!
Jack.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”