SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Wazee Dive Report Aug 30-31

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:41 am

Wazee Dive Report Aug 30-31
- Pretty good gathering of vintage dive buddies. Sea Hunt Jerry dove his vintage triples. Jerry brought his buddy Chris. SwimJim was there too. Rich 50,001 questions dove his Jack the Frogman "bushing" tank. And I was there diving my Twin 38s and Twin 48s with various double hose regs.
- Weather was very nice... Warmups in the sun between dives were nice.
- Visibility was disappointing. Day 1 we had about 5 feet viz at Sherwood forest and at Bluegill Alley. We found all of the attractions by memory and feel... I'm only exaggerating a little bit. But we did see some areas from 50-70 feet deep that had 10-15 feet visibility. So on Saturday we made two nice dives at those depths.
- Also on Saturday we saw MANY divers with Rebreather Systems. I saw a class being taught but even that looked like mainly tech divers. No sport divers... Just us Vintage diehards and the rebreathers.
- We had a nice dinner at Perkins Friday night and lots of good natured conversation.
- The last 3-4 years of scheduling Wazee into our summer dives, I have watched the visibility go from sometimes great to always marginal, to downright terrible ... I don't think I'm going to put it on the schedule next year. The viz isn't getting better... Its getting worse. :(
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Re: Wazee Dive Report Aug 30-31

Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:25 am

When my Fire department dive team leader asked for help testing the newly repaired uw comms system he didn't have to twist my arm much. I wound up diving in two foot viz, but I get paid for that one. I got to Skipper the fire boat too. I don't expect much from Wazee, but this was far below even my expectations. That being said, we made the best of it. I'll be up at Fortune Pond 20 and 21 September. Now that will be awesome!

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: Wazee Dive Report Aug 30-31

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:02 pm

Photos from Aug 30, Wazee...
- Sea Hunt Jerry preparing for a vintage Triple Tank Dive.
- Rich 50,001 Questions getting his gear together next to SurfLungs Twin 38s.
- SwimJim Diving his Divair double hose with Hope-Page mouithpiece.
- SwimJim's Divair with integral reserve lever.
- Some of the Twin Tanks we brought. One set Twin 48s, 3 sets Twin 38s, and 2 sets Twin 50s.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”