OregonDiver1
Lung Diver
First Name: Anthony

Sizing/Trimming Hoses

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:25 pm

I just received a set of Bryan's excellent 1 1/2in EDPM hoses and I love the quality of these things. They are, per description, sized a bit on the long side and was wondering how, or even if, they need to be trimmed/sized to either a specific regulator body or mouthpiece. I have a both OG type mouthpieces and the new DSV mouthpiece and was curious to what considerations I need to take into account if I should decide to swap between mouthpieces or regulators all in the effort to nail down my preferred combination. Thank you for your help everyone.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Re: Sizing/Trimming Hoses

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:06 am

Getting them straight is the biggest problem. I suggest you slide a wood dowel or pvc pipe into the hose to make it rigid then run a ring of tape around the hose. then you can cut it using the tape as a guide with a razor blade.
Herman

captain
Plank Owner

Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:51 am

Still trying to figure out why anyone would need to trim the hoses.
Captain

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:41 am

I agree with Toms question; wondering why there would be any reason to trim these hoses. What am I missing? Terry
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:03 am

I got a set of those hoses (1") for my HW Gold Label so I could use it with a Hope Page. The non-corregated ends (that attach to the horns/mouthpiece) are pretty long. I trimmed mine a tad just to make it look better. Don't know if that is what is being discussed, but from that perspective trimming makes sense. My 2psi. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

DerekRalston
Skin Diver
First Name: Derek

Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:55 am

The straight end should end at the end of the horn. On some cans, the horn is shorter than the supplied straight end. If you leave it too long it looks odd.

OregonDiver1
Lung Diver
First Name: Anthony

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:12 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:03 am
I got a set of those hoses (1") for my HW Gold Label so I could use it with a Hope Page. The non-corregated ends (that attach to the horns/mouthpiece) are pretty long. I trimmed mine a tad just to make it look better. Don't know if that is what is being discussed, but from that perspective trimming makes sense. My 2psi. Mark
This is what I was referring to.

Return to “New Vintage Equipment Diver's Forum”