Billsull
First Name: Bill

What this newbie double hose diver did over winter vacation...

Sat May 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Bryan gave my Royal Aquamaster the full monty - Phoenix 1st stage, HPR 2nd and DSV mouthpiece, along with selling me a nice Conshelf XIV to use as an octo and a USD SPG. I also bought an Argonaut plate and wing to go with the reg. I had a dive rite transplate harness that I attached to the plate. Can't wait to get this rig wet!

Now that I have set up everything on my workbench, I am wondering if I can spin the band clamp on the can around 180 degrees so that it won't chafe against the wing material. Does anyone see a problem with that? Hopefully my pics will upload and better explain my problem.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: What this newbie double hose diver did over winter vacation...

Sat May 19, 2018 8:13 pm

There is a notch in the band clamp ring to accommodate the exhaust can horn so spinning it around may be problematic. Unless you dive a lot with your wing fully inflated I doubt it will be a problem.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: What this newbie double hose diver did over winter vacation...

Sat May 19, 2018 8:57 pm

Welcome Bill! I helped a friend rebuild his Aqua Master a while back. He was insistent, uber insistent, that the clamp screw be on the top of the regulator as that was the way a great-uncle of his did it. After a bit of argument, and a six pack of an adult beverage rapidly consumed, I whipped out the dremmel and made another horn notch in the appropriate place on the band clamp. He was happy so I guess that's what counts.

Like Bryan says, I've never had an issue with a BIU being damaged in any respect from a band clamp screw. My 2 psi. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “New Vintage Equipment Diver's Forum”