Aquala1
Lung Diver
First Name: Ty

Just checking in…

Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi guys, I just want to drop in and say hello. My name is Ty Alley and I'm the owner of Aquala dry suits, hence the screen name.

I don't know why, after owning a historical diving company for 17 years, it took me so long to try out a double hose, but I did and it's been a lot of fun. I recently bought an early '70s Aquamaster, and had Bryan upgrade it with the Phoenix first stage and HPR second stage, as well as new wagon wheel mushrooms, and new neoprene hoses. I also bought one of the round Squale style masks from Bryan, and it's been a cool retro rig to dive.

Since the rebuild, I've dove with it in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan, and Costa Maya Mexico, and it always gets tons of positive comments. Everyone's always intrigued by the old reg, and the retro set up, and they really get a kick out of seeing it in action underwater.

I also want to say, as the owner of Aquala, I'm always looking for items to help complete our archive. Any vintage photos, catalogs, suits, or just stories/information, are always welcome. I'm also looking forward to contributing and learning here on VDH as you all have a great site, and great products.

All the best! -Ty

Herman
VDH Moderator

Re: Just checking in…

Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:02 pm

Welcome to the board.
There are a lot of catalogs and manual in the "Manuals and Catalog" section of the board, look at the very bottom of the screen to see a link.
Herman

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:29 pm

Welcome to the board.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Aquala1
Lung Diver

Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:17 pm

Herman wrote:Welcome to the board.
There are a lot of catalogs and manual in the "Manuals and Catalog" section of the board, look at the very bottom of the screen to see a link.
Thanks, Herman. That's a great resource, and while I didn't see anything Aquala related, it's been interesting checking out the US Divers and Scubapro catalogs.

Aquala1
Lung Diver

Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:53 pm

luis wrote:Welcome to the board.
Thanks Luis!

8dust
Master Diver

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:16 pm

Welcome aboard, Ty. :D