Herman
VDH Moderator

Re: Introduction/New Double Hose Owner

Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:27 am

Any webbing can be used. including that off the blow molded packs you posted above. The bands off the Healthways will likely work if you just want to dive steel 72's (due to size). Most of those can also be lengthened with spacers to allow them to be used with AL-80s. I have used bands off a number of blow molded ones. Let me look in the shop, I may have a set of bands.
Herman

georgeaustin
Master Diver
First Name: george

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:50 pm

I like webbing but I also REALLY like using 2 inch rubber and a wire buckle kit - I think I use about 8 ft of it or so. It might be necessary to open up your pack slots with a dremel tool and deburr quite well but if you feel like playing around some afternoon . . .

I enjoy the rubber when we're diving in trunks and t shirts in the summer - more comfy. I also modify the packs to accommodate the installation of a crotch strap which is just 1 inch nylon webbing and plastic sliders. I get all that at True Value for 3 or 4 bucks. The rubber strapping and wire buckle kit comes from Trident Diving Supply.

beeger
Diver
First Name: Brad

Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:14 pm

Herman - I was able to compare the Healthways and Dacor plates side by side and it does seem like if I removed the Healthways it would fit the Dacor. However, the Dacor does lack the "fifth hole" that the Healthways has the I believe allows for adjustments to the nut that controls the tension on the band. Drilling a hole in aluminum is pretty easy, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to source (beg, borrow, buy, trade) an original band for this plate. How likely am I to find this? If the plate looks like it would work for me I'd be tempted the drill a slot for a crotch strap and eventually repaint the plate as the paint is chipping off quite badly.

George - Thanks for the tip re. the rubber webbing. Interesting. I haven't looked through the Trident catalog in years but I remember seeing it in there.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:51 am

Let me look, I may have a set of bands..if not just start a thread that you are wanting them, very good chance someone on here has a set.
Herman

Return to “New Vintage Equipment Diver's Forum”