ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Where can I get a knife holder thingy?

Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Any idea where I can get a replacement knife-holder thingy. Mine is rotten. Thanks, Mark.
Knife Tab.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Re: Where can I get a knife holder thingy?

Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:02 pm

http://vintagedoublehose.com/store/#!/K ... ry=1643674

It is amassing the things you find at the VDH store. :lol:
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:55 pm

luis wrote:.

http://vintagedoublehose.com/store/#!/K ... ry=1643674

It is amassing the things you find at the VDH store. :lol:
I searched "knife-holder-thingy" in the VDH store and got nothing. Clearly there is fault with the system as a whole. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I stand humbled. Mark

P.S. - I just searched again and low and behold it popped up. Couldn't have been operator input error the first time. All very strange. :oops:
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:40 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:Any idea where I can get a replacement knife-holder thingy. Mine is rotten. Thanks, Mark.
Knife Tab.jpg
Here's an easily thrown together emergency knife thingimafob using 3/16 bungie which is easy to find. Knot makes it easy to pull on and off.
knife thingimafob.JPG
You could also use an oring and tie a little cord on it for a pull handle until your VDH package arrives!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The older I get the better I was.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:54 pm

antique diver wrote: You could also use an oring and tie a little cord on it for a pull handle until your VDH package arrives!
My wife just found 3 of the little knife-tabs sitting in the back of a junk drawer. Guess I should ask the boss before I go off on a nationwide search. Mark :shock:

captain
Plank Owner

Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:52 am

A O ring with a loop of paracord for a pull works.
Captain

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:40 am

:mrgreen: The KHT (Knife Holder Thingy) device is generally found in most dive shops here in Saudi Arabia. Trident makes them for about 3 bucks. The following web site erroneously calls them a scuba knife retaining ring, though I can't figure out why. I always call it a knife holder thingy. Makes it more homey.

http://www.oceanenterprises.com/scuba-g ... -ring.html
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Return to “New Vintage Equipment Diver's Forum”