wwwebtrader
Diver
First Name: andy

Identify this tool?

Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:17 am

IMG_1060.JPG
This is a regulator adjustment tool--I think US Divers--that I have had since the 1970s. Can anyone identify it and properly date it? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ovalis
Master Diver

Re: Identify this tool?

Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:51 pm

I believe this is the tool for the 1st generation Calypso diaphragm regulators to remove the balance chamber plug that retains the HP seat.
I just can't remember if this tool is supposed to have a notch in the middle of it or not. The notch would be for if the HP seat stem sticks out past the balance chamber or not. If I remember correctly, it does not stick out when regulator is not pressurized.

wwwebtrader
Diver
First Name: andy

Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Ah, makes sense.
BTW, there is no notch. It is just an oversized screwdriver type thing.
Thanks for the information.

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:59 pm

reg tool.JPG
I have had this since 70's, but don't remember the original purpose. Might have been for the original Calypso first stage, and I think I have used it for that.

I filed the blade thickness down just a little to exactly fit the slotted adjustment cap on Conshelf regs. This prevents dinging them with a screwdriver blade that fits the slot too loosely.

Filing a notch out of the middle allows it do double duty as a very efficient valve stem nut tool, while not affecting its use on the Conshelf.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The older I get the better I was.

Return to “New Vintage Equipment Diver's Forum”