simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

FOR SALE: Voit Trieste

Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:12 am

Noticing the recent interest on this forum about the Voit Trieste, I have one that I would like to sell. It has all the new silicone hoses, mouthpiece, valves, etc. I was tuned by the master of Voit from Ohio. I never did get a chance to dive it so why not pass it along to someone who might. The chrome is fair as you can see in the images. Label is nice. I am asking $300 shipped to you, open for reasonable offers also.

Allan
[email protected]
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Re: FOR SALE: Voit Trieste

Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:02 pm

That is a steal. If nobody buys it in a week I will.

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:00 pm

$300 sent via PayPal - Thanks Allan (and Sea Hunt Jerry for calling me and telling me about it) :D
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:23 pm

SOLD. Another Trieste headed to Minnesota.
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

SheriffDiver
Master Diver
First Name: John

Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:28 am

Congrats Surflung.... Looks like we're gonna have to do a Voit Trieste theme dive at the Fall Colors trip.

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:13 pm

If you want it to breathe really well I would suggest FX cut cans for it. They are available here http://www.thescubamuseum.com/Online%20 ... p/68312907

SurfLung
Master Diver

Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:57 pm

1969ivan1 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:13 pm
If you want it to breathe really well I would suggest FX cut cans for it. They are available here http://www.thescubamuseum.com/Online%20 ... p/68312907
AyAYAYeee... I didn't even think of that. That's yet another fun project to do.

I have corresponded with Greg about this regulator and he explained all of the internal replacements and tune-ups he did. He estimates this particular regulator to be among the top three best breathers of all of the Triestes he's fixed up over the years... And it still has the original diaphragm. It arrived yesterday and I mounted it on my Twin 38s to see how well it breathes. It seems not much different than my other rebuilt regulators. Didn't seem hard to breathe. I'm going to dive it in the lake tonight after work... Probably down to 25 ft or so... That should tell me how well it works in the water.
SurfLung

SurfLung
Master Diver

Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:03 am

- I dove the Trieste late yesterday afternoon with my buddy Rich (50,001 Questions). Long story short, it breathes like a DAAM. In other words it breathes just fine. We dove for 57 minutes at depths from 16-30 feet. I had it mounted on a set of Twin 38s which positioned it right against my back and high on the chest... About perfect position. I'm very happy with this Trieste!
- The dive was really fun, too. We went further down the shore than usual and encountered some new sights. I was looking for some anchors I'd seen down there a few years ago. But instead, we found some big boulders and TWO fishing rods. Visibility was 20 feet... Maybe more but we were in the fading light of the evening. Water temp was nice, too. We wore 3mm suits and hoods but no gloves nor booties. Thermocline was right at 30 feet... Icy cold. Nothing to see there.
- Interesting phenomenon... We've had pretty good water clarity all Summer and as a result, the milfoil has been growing deeper... We used to get past it at about 12 ft deep. Now it is creeping all the way out to the 20 foot depths. I've heard fisherman say that gives more habitat to the fishes. I'm not so sure it will be good for the diving though.
- Another observation: The Zebra Mussels have been killed off quite a bit but not completely out in front of our place. There are sloughed off shells around all of the big rocks they were attached to in previous years. But when we got into the big boulders down the shore, they were THICK with Zebra Mussels... Like 5-6inches thick.
- Finally, Thanks Allan for selling me this very nice Trieste. And Thanks Greg for getting it all working so well. - Eben
SurfLung

Return to “Vintage Only...Buy, Sell, Trade, Wanted”