antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Misc Dacor & USD stuff FS

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:34 am

Some of this could be pre-75, but not sure so posting here in Modern Gear sales.
Postage additional.
miscstuff.JPG
Dacor Olympic second stage with 36" hose. Looks pretty good but has verdigris (green brass salts) noticeable on back side, and needs servicing. Has dual silicone exhaust valves and likely silicone diaphragm. $10 as is.

Dacor 3 hose lp hose adapter. Looks to be in good condition, but should have new orings (common sizes) to be sure. $10 as is.

The other item only looks like the inflator mechanism and QD hose from a USD BC2. It is actually a good-to-have, fairly rare/little known dual purpose accessory item from mid-70's, and in good usable condition. Want to take a guess as to its purpose? Hint: you don't have to have a BC2 to find this helpful. $20, includes good quick-disconnect hose.
Also have good BC2 hoses by themselves for $10 each.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I get plenty of excercise just pushing my luck!"

antique diver
Master Diver

Re: Misc Dacor & USD stuff FS

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:54 am

The handy US Divers item found a good home.

couv
Master Diver

Thu May 02, 2019 1:50 pm

OK I give up. What is the handy USD item?
Question 2, What is a BC2?

Cheers,

Couv
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

antique diver
Master Diver

Thu May 02, 2019 3:36 pm

couv wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:50 pm
OK I give up. What is the handy USD item?
Question 2, What is a BC2?

Cheers,

Couv
Hi Couv,
I was beginning to wonder if anyone cared what it was. It is a combination tire filler and air nozzle accessory that fit the proprietary USD hose that connected to the BC2. I found both functions to be very useful, and still useful to this day. I kept one for myself.

That was their first real Bouyancy Compensator with inflation from the divers' air supply. I think it first became available in 74 or 75 and was a great success. We sold a bunch.

There was also a BC1 (actually I think they used Roman Numerals for both of those) which was the same BC without the push button inflator.

Both versions came with CO2 inflation and had a nifty dump valve on right shoulder so you didn't have to hold the oral inflator hose up to release air. Check out a 1975 or 76 catalog.

I do have some NOS inflator and dump valve parts and hoses available, but doubtful that anyone needs those without a working bladder.

Unfortunately the bladders did not hold up well for the long term, and it would be very rare to find a functional one now.

couv
Master Diver

Thu May 02, 2019 8:32 pm

Thanks Bill,

I didn't know there were accessories that went with the USD BC. Likewise didn't know the designations BC I or II. I do remember the cool horse collar with a handy pocket, CO2 cart, and dump/OP valve. It had a cable running from the inflator mechanism to the dump valve. I still have one of those proprietary hoses in my spare parts bin. I tossed out a couple of otherwise good USD BC due to the disintegrating bladders.
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Return to “Modern Gear. Buy, Sell, Trade”