Superlite
Master Diver
First Name: Andrew

WTB Scubapro X650 second stage

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:50 am

Looking for a X650 Scubapro second stage. Would consider first and second stage but only need second. Must be rebuildable condition
PM me and will get in touch
Thanks Guys
Superlite

couv
Master Diver

Re: WTB Scubapro X650 second stage

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi Andrew,

I don't have an X650 for sale; sorry. However, I am curious as to why one would be interested in that particular model. It is a bit of an oddball. Unlike the R190/108/109/156 (Balanced Adjustable)/G250/G250HP/G250V that all have a fair amount of parts commonality, the X650 has a different size diaphragm and poppet. While the poppet does take the same spring, seat, and balance chamber and looks the same as the others, it is shorter. It also has an oddball lever. Additionally, it has a lot of monkey motion in the inhalation adjustment. Admittedly, I've never used one or seen one for that matter, so I'm interested to know what the attraction is.

Cheers,

Couv
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:30 pm

couv wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:37 pm
Hi Andrew,

I don't have an X650 for sale; sorry. However, I am curious as to why one would be interested in that particular model. It is a bit of an oddball. Unlike the R190/108/109/156 (Balanced Adjustable)/G250/G250HP/G250V that all have a fair amount of parts commonality, the X650 has a different size diaphragm and poppet. While the poppet does take the same spring, seat, and balance chamber and looks the same as the others, it is shorter. It also has an oddball lever. Additionally, it has a lot of monkey motion in the inhalation adjustment. Admittedly, I've never used one or seen one for that matter, so I'm interested to know what the attraction is.

Cheers,

Couv
Hi Andrew

Yes, I was wondering the same thing.

The X650 came out when they discontinued the D400 and it looked somewhat similar to that series of regulators, but it works more like the others. I think it was intended to replace the D400 series, but it was intended to be easier to service, like their other regulator. But I think the first run of regulators had some issues.

As a regulator, I would say that it is definitely a conversation piece.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Superlite
Master Diver

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:16 am

So true, the X650 was or should I say is a conversation piece but as I have a older AIR1 I would also like to have one from the end of the series. Would also like to have one of the truly original ones and arguably the wettest breathing one of all the Pilot series, the original Pilot. Might see if a friend I know would part with one of his. I think he has 3 of the original pilot's.
For breathability I have always liked the G250 or S600. Both really good second stages. The Grand daddy of all of them is still the 109 second stage. That is one I have always enjoyed diving. The 109 is likely the workhorse of all Scubapro second stages. But since I normally use my Kraken or Royal Aqua-Master/Phoenix any single hose is just for ornamental use.
Any reg I have is dividable except for my original Calypso, That one is for my memorabilia wall. So in keeping with the theme, I would like to have the X650 diveable also.
Hope this answers the question as to why I'm looking for a X650 second stage.

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

After I posted the question I thought about it and I actually wouldn't mind having one... as a conversation piece. They are kind of cool.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Superlite
Master Diver

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:43 pm

I have an original Calypso and it is the only regulator that I can't dive. I have a later model Calypso that is diveable and maybe someday I will put it on the mantle along with the original so the progression of the Calypso can be seen.
Having the beginning Pilot and AIR1 along with a X650 I think is a neat thing. Oh, I also have a D300 that is still diveable.
Over the years I have gone thru a few regulators and miss each and everyone of them.
This actually should have probably been in General category but I managed to get off script. Thats a ole diver for you!!

Superlite
Master Diver

I have an original Calypso and it is the only regulator that I can't dive. I have a later model Calypso that is diveable and maybe someday I will put it on the mantle along with the original so the progression of the Calypso can be seen.
Having the beginning Pilot and AIR1 along with a X650 I think is a neat thing. Oh, I also have a D300 that is still diveable.
Over the years I have gone thru a few regulators and miss each and everyone of them.
This actually should have probably been in General category but I managed to get off script. Thats a ole diver for you!!

Superlite
Master Diver

Goodlifedivers
Master Diver
First Name: Danny

Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:11 pm

Hey I have an X650 I’ve been looking to sell. Shoot me an email to work out the details

Goodlifedivers@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:31 pm

I saw a couple on craigs list did you see my post

Return to “Modern Gear. Buy, Sell, Trade”