Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Rant on Wing Sales....

Thu May 31, 2018 11:16 pm

I can't sell you a wing for $199.00.....I CAN if I take the easy route and purchase them overseas like the majority of other manufacturers do. At $199.00 there is just no meat left on the bone for me. Since I don't run a charitable organization I can't afford to simply break even on a sale. I could have put the Argonaut name on dozens of overseas manufactured wings and sold them for $175.00 and still made a nice profit. The features, fit, finish and overall quality of my 100% USA manufactured wings is far superior to the cheaper clones on the market and that's where I chose to put my company name. Did your wing come with a service kit and tool like the Argonaut wing does ? If you shop by price alone then there are plenty of wings that are more inexpensive on the market. If quality, customer support before, during and after the sale, superior feature and buying a product made in the USA mean something to you then the Argonaut wing is the clear choice.
35.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Re: Rant on Wing Sales....

Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:30 pm

IMHO, I feel it goes head to head with OxyCheq wing I own, and actually beats it with features like the integral bungie. Your price point is EXCEPTIONAL!

Sorry folks think you should be a Not-For-Profit......

Wish these had been around earlier when I was outfitting my family. I am very happy with my 23#.
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:16 pm

They have been getting a lot of traction lately and with that brings a lot of "bargain" shoppers I guess. I can buy wings all day long in China and if I order 50 or more I can get them for $75.00 each. Slightly higher if I want logos or special features. And this is exactly what many companies are doing these days as it is less than 1/2 the cost of making them here. But in a side by side comparison not even a blind person could miss the difference in quality and materials. I'm even to the point that I'm getting my webbing from Georgia. My DIR harness, nylon cylinder bands, flat D-rings and sliders are all made in the US. Still can't get the curved D-rings here but soon I hope I will have the entire package 100% USA. In the end you get what you pay for.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:20 pm

That's a good looking wing. Thanks for caring about quality, and keeping $$ going to USA companies and their employees. :D
"I get plenty of excercise just pushing my luck!"

DerekRalston
Skin Diver
First Name: Derek

Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:08 pm

I love both of mine!

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:19 pm

I plan on getting an 18# wing from Bryan just as soon as my old OxyCheq 18# craps out. It's single bladder like the old stabilizing jackets so it's very compact, but I like the concept of an internal bungee like on Bryan's. I had an external bungee on an old OMS wing and that was really cool! Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

OregonDiver1
Lung Diver
First Name: Anthony

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:35 am

A 35lb lift wing and plate system is definitely on my list. As far as Im concerned your offering these items at a fair price and I have no problem with it.

couv
Master Diver

Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Just bought and received my second one.

Thanks to the number of plates I have and the number of divers under my roof I ordered another 18 lb wing. It came in today! I'm using one on a Freedom Plate and one on my VDH plate.

I was rearranging my closet to make space for the new addition when I ran across an old friend. My Aquacraft Backpack-you know, it's what we used before the jacket style BC became popular. Yep, still have it and just for grins decided to attach my new toy to my "Old Faithful." Works like a charm.

Here are a few pix:

A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:18 pm

:D 8) :D 8)

Return to “Modern Gear. Buy, Sell, Trade”