simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Re: Mouthpiece for Double Hose

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:46 pm

Mistralopitheque wrote: Never seen any twinhose regulator issued with a DSV, never felt the need for one…
But there was one possibly as early as 1954 by The Garrett Corp, Belmar, NJ. It was the Northill Air-Lung and originally produced for the US Navy, released to the Public in 1955. (Roberts, F.M., 1960, Basic Scuba,p. 88.)

Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

crimediver
Master Diver

Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:58 pm

slonda828 wrote: I don't get wireless transmitters and air integrated computers either. Maybe it is just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we need to come up with a regulator that has no hoses but provides the diver air like a wireless transmitter sends you data. We can harness the power of invisibility and I believe it will work smoother than snail snot.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:24 pm

I am all about it. A few years ago Luis made one and gave me one. Not the same as Bryan is making now but it worked. I also made a test one about six years ago from PVC.

I like to shore/beech dive. Long distance surface swims, up to a mile, mean I spend a lot of time swimming on my back, my GPS resting on my tummy and my head swiveling for boat traffic. I might stop along the way and bounce down here and there. A DSV would be a godsend.

And for loitering on the surface when drift diving, it is often many minutes before the boat can come and pick up the group. It is nice not to fight the constant free flow.

Luis gave me the poor man's DSV plug. Then he wanted it back, lol ;). Then last summer on the Vandie in Key West it got hooked on something and tore off. I realized a few moments later it was missing and went on a frantic search for it. I could not stand the shame of having lost his PMDSV. I found it :mrgreen: .

Nem

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:35 pm

The mouth plugs are awesome, but with anything that is a separate piece, the increase risk of it going missing is ever present. I have mine on a tether out of a pocket..... Hoping the new mouthpiece makes it to final design and production. I will have at least 1 in my possession...
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:01 pm

I tied mine off to the mouth piece with some nylon cord. Anything not secured during a dive is a contribution to Davy Jones locker.. :lol:

menemsha1968
Skin Diver
First Name: Dean

Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Bryan- what's the latest word on the DSV development?

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:40 pm

Wellllll I happen to know a prototype is almost done...
Now how I happen to know this I won't say. :roll:
Herman

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:08 am

Still working diligently on the project. It will be worth the wait. Oh and what Herman said

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

menemsha1968
Skin Diver
First Name: Dean

Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:16 pm

Fantastic! I can hardly wait!

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”