ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

7/8 Genesis valves

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:59 am

I researched this issue a while back and came to the conclusion it was not possible, but I thought I'd give it one more shot. My old Genisis HP 80s have the 7/8 angled DIN valve. They are great small form tanks for beach dives but, because of the angle my Kraken, et al.. don't fit so good. Does anyone make a straight 7/8 valve?

"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

lewise
Diver
First Name: Lewis

Re: 7/8 Genesis valves

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:12 pm

XS Scuba has started making new 7/8 valves

https://www.xsscuba.com/xs-scuba-valves ... -din-valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:10 pm

Thank you Lewis! Looks like those valves don't take the standard yoke inserts so I'd have to DIN-up my Kraken. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

lewise
Diver
First Name: Lewis

Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:02 pm

I think I’ve heard of some people machining the face of the valve down but as far as I know, nobody has made convertible valves for the 3500 tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbone1004
Master Diver
First Name: Tom

Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:33 pm

you aren't supposed to use 200bar/yoke on those tanks which is why they have skinny necks, it was meant specifically to keep yokes off. Now if you talk to Herman, he may be nice enough to help you out by taking some metal off the top, or by potentially turning an existing 3/4 valve down to 7/8.

I'll look through my garage, I MAY have a 300bar din straight valve for these things. I have 6 of them, and have a lot of extra valves, but I don't know if I have any that aren't matched doubles sets that I need

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:21 am

Dive Gear Express Has the 7/8 UNF in a straight valve. However, it only works with DIN connection. It apparently can NOT use any kind of yoke connection. https://www.divegearexpress.com/xss-val ... vindicator

-OOPS... I see this is the same XS brand valve mentioned above.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Return to “Tanks and Valves”